5 months ago
Responsible for the Industrial Engineering functions involving process planning, time studies, product flow, simulation, capacity planning, shop floor layout, strong ability to understand and interpret data using analyses tools and costing. The IE should have Six Sigma or Lean certification in an aerospace manufacturing environment, preferably in a large complex low volume machine shop environment.
• Expert in SMED setup and LEAN flow for manufacturing of large complex parts.
• Process planning, including material handling methods and storage.
• Individual operation methods studies.
• Time study: stop watch, time data, or micro-motion film, recording and analysis.
• Evaluate plant operations and procedures to improve productivity, improve throughput, reduce non-value added activities, improve operation efficiencies and promote a more safe and ergonomic working environment for operators.
• Develop line balances for various production levels.
• Assist production in determining the best method of inventory management.
• Assist operations in evaluating more efficient methods of planning and scheduling functions.
• Assist in developing manpower requirements.
• Develop wage incentive applications from standard data.
• Design, develop and implement database or special software programs to automate operations performance metrics or control of standard data.
• Generate costing analysis, justification and proposed methods for developing new products, additional operations capacity, manpower requirements, new distribution facilities, or any new operations expansions or product development.
• Prepare cost standards to be used for suggested selling prices for new products, and for inventory pricing purposes.
• Recommend and develop process flow layouts.
• Develop simulations of production cells and material product flow using computer-assisted programs.
• Review and advise on programming of CNC machines and other manufacturing equipment.
• Assist production with selection and purchase of tools and equipment.
• Make recommendations to reduce or eliminate non-value added activities or waste.
• Assist in making recommendations/implementing improvements to the production system utilizing lean techniques.
• Recommend methods for improving facility flow efficiency and reducing waste of materials/utilities, reorganizing workflow, relocating work stations, and purchasing of equipment/tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering with 5+ years of experience or MS degree in Industrial Engineering with 3+ years of manufacturing experience.
• Methods analysis and development of best methods, process documentation, and work instruction documentation
• Prefer Certified Black Belt/Green Belt in LEAN/DMAIC methodologies from an accredited company or school.
• Experience leading transition and ramp rate increases
• Training and experience in Lean Manufacturing, JIT and SMED concepts.
• Must have 3-5 years of MS Project or similar project tracking software experience
• Experience with Métier project management software a plus
• Significant Project management experience, excellent organizational skills and a proven record of successfully leading and directing projects and process improvements a must.
• Experience in designing basic equipment, tooling or fixtures.
• Experience with MS Visio/ MS Project/ and simulation software.
• Experience with GD&T a plus
• Development of project plans and management of projects related to facility, storage, and material handling systems design.
• Effective communicator, both written and verbal, and able to effectively interface/present with all levels of Management
• Proficient in the use of basic statistics and other analytical tools
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities that are subject to frequent changes
• Advanced proficiency in MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Catia, and ERP systems.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.