5 months ago
Crane Aerospace and Electronics-Redmond manufactures high-reliability microelectronic power conversion products and custom microelectronics for the defense, space, aerospace, medical, industrial and commercial markets. Our power products are qualified to Class H (military products) and Class K (space products). Our custom medical hybrids are built to customer specifications and qualify to Class II and III requirements.
From submarines, surface ships, helicopters, fighter jets, missiles & booster rockets to Mars Rovers, satellites & implantable defibrillators, Crane Electronics Redmond brand products, DC-DC converters, EMI filters and custom/special products, have proven their ability to operate in the most demanding environments.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager who will be responsible for supervising a team of manufacturing engineers, and implementing operational excellence principles into operations processes and business systems. The successful candidate will plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of Production, Machinery, and Processing or Packaging departments.
* Make major budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and labor.
* Write and set-up formal operations objectives and focus resources in that direction to support the lean initiatives.
* Review and set up optimized product flow through Standard work.
* Provide and maintain equipment maintenance and calibration control on all shifts.
* Support production management to set-up and maintain a balanced direct labor pool to sustain and grow the business and to meet customer requirements.
* Set-up Operations department budgets and work within the limits, including driving OpEx improvements through capital budges.
* Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
* Develops schedules and staffing requirements based on production guidelines.
* Bachelors Degree in related discipline.
* 5+ years related experience.
* 3+ years experience managing direct reports in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
* Understanding of OpEx Principles
* Strong Problem Solving Skills
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Desire to Learn and Implement Lean Initiatives
Special Work Conditions:
* Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card).
* Position will be based in Redmond, WA until June 2019 and then be based Lynnwood, WA.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.