3 months ago
Manufacturing Engineer Sr
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Please Note: Although this role reports in to a team in Ampthill, the role will be based in Merthyr Tydfil
As part of the Operations Engineering Team, the Manufacturing Engineer is the recognised point of contact for all matters related to their area of expertise, providing engineering advice, problem solving and co-ordination of activities.
* Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of manufacturing Engineering processes
* Take ownership and demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem resolution to ensure we remain in line with the plan.
* Management of Manufacturing queries arising from production in accordance with our business processes for area of responsibility
* Management and implementation of design changes into production ensuing robust controls are maintained within area of responsibility
* Support process engineering change notice (ECN) and related Material Review Board (MRB) activities, as required.
* Maintenance of Manufacturing BOM’s and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
Shift work details
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Ability to respond quickly to escalated problems in order to keep things moving
* An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer
* Ability to demonstrate a level of manufacturing process experience; which may include mechanical assembly, machining, fabrication, welding, casting, plastic molding and robotics.
* Experience of reviewing and updating operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
* Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM’s and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
* Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
* Full understanding of Technical Drawings
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Computer Literate (MS Office/Project/Visio)
* Knowledge of Windchill or similar tool for documentation management.
* Ability to work with a small team environment
* Excellent written and verbal communications
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.