3 months ago
Manufacturing Engineer - Senior
Job ID: 468166BR Date posted: Jan. 21, City: Littleton State: ColoradoProgram: PROD-OPS
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and desire to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the fast-paced world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will be contributing to the planning and management of all aspects of mechanical hardware fabrication including metallic machining, chemical finishing, and mechanical assembly for structures and mechanisms.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• This position will directly support exciting new and transitioning Naval Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) into the Space Waterton facility from the Sunnyvale, CA facility.
• As a Manufacturing Engineering supporting SSP, you will begin providing manufacturing producibility analysis for machined mechanical details and assembly operations. You will have continuous interaction with design engineering as the product develops and eventually provide engineering review and approvals.
• As these efforts progress, you will be the responsible manufacturing engineer, tasked with developing the manufacturing deliverables such as assembly tools and fixtures, manufacturing work instructions and technician process instructions and manufacturing bills of material.
• You will be tasked with developing and/or tracking to a manufacturing production schedule that supports program requirements.
• You will collaborate with shop supervision, technicians, MRP controllers, production leads, and program individuals.
• You will be tasked to provide successful hardware fabrication that meets engineering requirements.
• You will be responsible for supporting process and tool improvements that enable progression towards a fully integrated Model Based Engineering environment.
• You will need to be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule where business needs may require occasional second shift and weekend support.
Typically has 5 or more years of experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other related field of study.
• Familiarity with mechanical manufacturing and mechanical assembly processes.
• Familiarity with mechanical engineer drawings and bill of materials.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical design.
• Possess a basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Extensive Microsoft office experience
• Team-oriented individual with solid organizational/communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience in CNC and conventional machining of metallic details.
• Computer skills which include SAP/VECams (or other MRP/Work Instruction Software).
• Experience Writing work instructions for fabrication of mechanical details and assemblies.
• Project management skills/experience.
• Familiar with lean manufacturing and process improvements.
• Experience with DFx (i.e. design for manufacturing, design to cost, design to schedule, design for assembly, etc.).
• Experience working with hourly personnel on a production shop floor.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Manufacturing Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First