11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Manufacturing Engineering Technical Leader will be responsible for development, product ionization and optimization of products, processes and production lines for the site. The position will operate as a functional governance of Manufacturing Engineering across the site and internal programs. The position collaborates with Programs, Engineering, Advance Manufacturing, Tooling, Quality, other sites and supply chain to ensure products, processes and production lines are designed for manufacturability and successfully achieve full rate production or time with high quality and an efficient cost structure over the entire product life cycle. Demonstrated experience implementing world class manufacturing techniques.
* Drive ME best practices across the business using the organizational development process.
* Coordinate/provide ME support for produce ability issues across programs
* Implement manufacturing solutions that achieve program quality, delivery, cost and productivity targets.
* Implement projects to improve time to market, reduce development costs and leverage resources.
* Ensure effective ME passport management for new capacity and transfers.
* Identify opportunities to execute manufacturing innovation projects utilizing new technology / automation to increase capacity and improve quality across the site.
* Lead the deployment of the Production Preparation Process (3P) for new products.
* Support and execute strategic manufacturing projects that create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
* Manage & apply extensive production expertise to provide direction to complex problems.
* Provide solutions that are highly innovative & ingenious requiring extensive knowledge & experience.
* Develop & manage budget. Support Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (S&OP) process to meet OTD and financial targets.
* Will be right hand of the site leader & must be capable of taking the place of the site leader as needed.
* Promotes UTC within the community & seeks opportunities for involvement.
* Projects certification preferred,
* Mechanical assembly automation, complex machining and/or composites manufacturing experience preferred
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools like the passport process, DFMA, SPC and root cause analysis
* Strong team work and leadership abilities. Capable of effectively developing other ME professionals.
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure & deadlines.
* Strong analytical reasoning, excellent communication skills, results oriented, with a bias for action
* Strong Lean / CI tool background, experience, & implementation. Ability to drive change.
* Support MRP PC transactions. SAP is a plus. Strong advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Project, etc.).
* Demonstrated success launching Automation, robotics, innovative technology
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Manufacturing) & five (5+) years’ experience with three (3) years in a leadership role required
* Master's degree in Engineering & three (3+) years’ experience with two (2) years in a leadership role preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.