FUNCTION: Manufacturing Engineer
SERVICE: Industrialization / Work Preparation
The Manufacturing Engineer ensures that all means and tools are provided to the manufacturing department
according to the committed project planning and budget.
The Manufacturing Engineer also ensures that all defined manufacturing data are provided on time, at the
correct configuration and according to the procedures.
Furthermore, he supports the definition and implementation of the processes, means and tools to increase the
efficiency of the manufacturing activity.
He provides support to other departments on topic linked to his activity (quality department, project
manager, continuous improvement manager …).
If required, he provides as well support on-site at customer facility.
Hierarchical Reporting Structure: Manufacturing Engineering Manager GmbH
Functional Reporting Structure: Project Manager
- Analyze customer product definition dossier // industrial datas.
- Ensure the integration of the available customer technical documentation into the internal
documentary framework prior to production start.
- Set up the manufacturing/inspection dossier for a product (manufacturing orders, technical
- Propose solutions to optimize the product manufacturing in term of Quality, Cost, Lead-time, and
Safety and participate to its implementation.
- Define and set-up the adequate production tools when required.
- Define and set-up the adequate production documentation (technical instruction, Standards of Work,
manufacturing orders …).
- Ensure coordination with the customers' manufacturing engineering and technical representatives.
- Ensure monitoring and technical upgrades from the definition dossier provided by the customer or
the design office.
- Support the design office (internal or external) during definition phase.
- Support the definition and implementation of manufacturing processes.
- Support the manufacturing team during production start phase.
- Participate to continuously improvement deployment.
- Ensure the management, the exploitation and the distribution of the data related to the definition of
the manufactured products.
- Coordinate the creation, update and diffusion of product production documents and associated tools
in accordance with customer requirements, program leader and quality.
- Create work orders for on-site intervention including detailed operation description, manufacturing
tool list and component part list.
- Answer to production questions related to a product to manufacture. Provide technical support.
- Manage configuration of manufactured product.
- Analyze and answer all the problems met during the harnesses integration and the harness
- Modify technical instructions if required.
- Suggest improvements to the production and industrialization process.
- Provide technical support for the project manager (during discussions with customers, costing
- Define and update the steering planning on a regularly basis
- Coordinate the delivery of the various deliverables from other department.
- Report on progress (KPI) to project and industrial management
- Report issues, anomalies and dysfunctions to his hierarchy and propose solutions
- Deal with the project priorities
- Participate to internal and external progress reviews
- Ensure that LATelec processes go in line with customer processes
- Participate to risk analysis, lessons learn …
- Manage the actions that are under his responsibility
CARRY OUT OTHER MISSION / ACTIVITIES ON DEMAND OF HIS/HER RESPONSIBLE(S)
- Language: French and English
- Technical background in terms of industrial organization, industrial management and industrial
- Ecole d’ingenieur, DUT or BTS
- Pack Office (with focus on Excel)
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Willing to work in an international environment
- Team spirit