11 months ago
Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II to join our high performing Hydraulic Assembly Team in Burbank, CA.
* Plans, designs, and implements manufacturing processes and improvements in a Hydro-Mechanical factory.
* Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
* Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications and needs.
* Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for improvements of safety, quality, cost reduction, and throughput
* Partner with Sustaining Engineering to improve manufacturability of products and collaborate with configuration management for the timely release of required documents
* Consult with vendors in evaluating solutions for meeting product specifications and quality standards and specifications.
* Identify and troubleshoot equipment and processes that are negatively impacting ability to achieve defined KPIs
* Train and certify equipment operators
* Sit on the Material Review board, assess and disposition non-conformances, conduct failure analysis, root cause analysis, and provide corrective action
* Review new designs and provide Design for Manufacturing input to Design Engineering
* Develop process documentation for New assembly and test processes and existing product
* Evaluate and justify purchase of new capital equipment
* Qualify, document, and implement new process equipment
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in an Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, or Science area of study required
* 2-5 years of experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment in areas: mechanical assembly, machining, grinding, lapping with fine tolerance parts experience
* Strong communication, organizational and oral presentation skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft/PC applications (e.g. MS Excel, MS Office, MS Access, Powerpoint)
* Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior
* AutoCAD capabilities strongly preferred for Mechanical manufacturing areas
* Lean, Continuous Improvement, and/or Operational Excellence experience preferred
* Project management capabilities preferred
* Technical writing skills preferred
Key Performance Indicators:
* Year-over-year (YOY) productivity improvements
* Direct Labor Variance Reduction
* MRB reduction
* Customer return reduction
* Capital Project timelines
* Must be a US Person under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to be eligible.
About Crane Aerospace & Electronics:
Crane Aerospace & Electronics combines the experience of long-time industry leaders to supply critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. Our products are found in some of the most demanding environments, from engines to landing gears, from satellites to medical implants, and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems.
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
The Aerospace Group designs, manufactures and supports critical aircraft systems and components, offering innovative solutions for Sensing & Utilities, Landing Systems, Fluid Management, and Cabin. Virtually all commercial and military aircraft fly with products manufactured by the Aerospace Group.
We look for flexible professionals who are capable of working with minimal supervision and can adapt to changing environments. We look for people who are challenged by other people, who like being around well-educated, well-versed professionals. For these people, Crane Aerospace & Electronics provides a creative outlet and high level of participation. People in the company build the company.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.