5 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
Manufacturing engineering is a creative activity: manufacturing engineers design, implement, monitor and maintain manufacturing (modification) processes and work instructions. Manufacturing Engineer consults with design engineers and works closely with the modification facility Planner, Expediter, Mod Team Leads, A&P mechanics, and Avionics Technicians in order to achieve the most efficient and cost effective way of producing the highest quality product possible. Operates within 'cross-functional' teams with the manufacturing engineer involved at every stage, from design and development, to production, research and after-sales service. Manufacturing engineers have expertise in a wide range of program/project management , manufacturing technologies, and computer and management control systems. They apply state-of-the art technology to meet increasingly competitive business needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Experience with complex mechanical design, assembly and test of space rated hardware, components and systems.
* Answer technical questions on hardware during assembly, integration and test operations.
* Interact with technicians, various engineering groups and management with technical advice and recommendations.
* Create and update assembly traveler instructions that reflect the current engineering intent or drawing release.
* Provide manufacturability recommendations to design engineers to improve products and processes concurrently in the design process and throughout the product lifecycle.
* Assist in creating and maintaining a production structure, plan the assembly, integration and test flow as well as creating estimates for hours and duration of assembly and integration tasks is required.
* Ability to create tool, fixture and ground support equipment (GSE) plans for design, validation and implementation.
* Support the production manufacturing order (MO) process, including kit, assembly, test, inspection and MRB activities.
GSE identification, design oversight, procurement and installation
* Provide or create non-conformance dispositions and effectivity.
* Responsible for engineering change order effectivity to maintain proper configuration during production.
* Review drawing practices for proper interpretation and accuracy.
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5 specification and blueprint reading proficiency is required.
* Solidworks, NX and/or CREO CAD experience is helpful.
* Electronic Configuration Management (CM) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system experience is helpful.
* Background in program management or production scheduling is helpful.
Coordinating with planners, procurement and shop floor for scheduling activities in order to meet all program objectives.
Liaising with suppliers and customers as directed/required, working with regulatory bodies to ensure safety, environmental and design standards are met.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
3+ years of related experience
Requires a BS in Related Field.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.