8 months ago
Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer II. This is a full-time exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to provide process and manufacturing engineering support for new and/or ongoing production programs, projects with customers, various internal organizations, and appropriate internal personnel.
Magellan Aerospace, Middletown offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
* Plan and design manufacturing plans for both new and existing programs.
* Plan and design special tooling, fixtures, jigs, shop aids, and handling equipment using SolidWorks to support manufacturing processes.
* Develop, maintain, and improve manufacturing work instructions that detail each operation required to manufacture a component or assembly through the complete manufacturing process, from issuance of raw material to final inspection.
* Create and maintain bills of material using an ERP system.
* Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, manufacturing methods, special tooling, machine capabilities, and quality control standards.
* Research, evaluate, and cost-justify various special tooling, machinery, and equipment for use in manufacturing. This includes capital justifications, implementation plans, and training.
* Assume overall ownership of manufacturing area(s) assigned in order to provide support with analytical problem solving and process troubleshooting, while interfacing with other functional groups, as required, to resolve manufacturing issues by implementing robust corrective actions.
* Assume ownership of special process(es) to function as a subject matter expert for the company.
* Manage the planning, budget, schedule, and objectives of projects that encompass a multi-functional team.
* Provide assistance in estimating activities to support new business.
* Work alongside quality engineers to ensure that overall part quality objectives are achieved.
* Assist with new product introduction (NPI) activities as required.
To perform this job successfully, it requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in mechanical engineering technology, mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years related experience in one of the following fields: welding, brazing, composites, machinery, assembly, drilling or fastening applications and equipment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.