Full Picture is proud to be hiring on behalf of one of its prestigious clients within the Aerospace industry, who is looking for an Electro Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer to join its team in Havant.
The role is part of a multi-disciplined team that reports into a Process Focus Team Manager with indirect reporting into the Manufacturing Engineering functional manager.
Responsibility includes executing the organisation's strategic plan consistent with all local regulations, established industry standards and customer requirements.
The successful applicant will also be in charge of developing and implementing future strategies for manufacture, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and managing capital projects from conception through to successful implementation on time and to cost budget.
Essential duties of the Electro Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer include:
- Developing and implementing new manufacturing processes and methods which are flexible, agile and robust in support of ongoing manufacturing requirements.
- Defining, measuring, analysing and presenting capital opportunities which include innovative and breakthrough solutions that challenge the traditional approaches to manufacturing.
- Maintaining production related documentation to ensure process control (FMEAs, Control Plans and Standardised Work Documentation etc. in consideration of the requirements of EQS etc.).
- Investigating current methods and processes and utilizing data analysis tools and techniques to identify opportunities for improvement, process or design changes that will increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Ensuring manufacturing routings and Bills of Materials are reflective of current manufacturing processes and product design in compliance with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) rules.
- Monitoring and analysing manufacturing expenditure costs to ensure manufacturing cost control and accurate expense forecasting.
The Electro Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering role would suit someone with the following credentials:
- Strong experience in engineering design and product reliability concepts.
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques - i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
- Experience with Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability - i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Proficiency in various software applications - i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes.
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies.
This is an exciting role at a globally recognised company that has approximately 95,000 employees worldwide and sells its products across more than 175 countries. Find out more today.