about 1 year ago
In the role of Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, you will support advanced manufacturing technology development, procurement and implementation into production. This position will coordinate with multiple engineering teams to determine the design and testing criteria new manufacturing technology must meet to allow for its use in production.
As the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer you will also work with new product development and legacy teams on producability of new products and incorporate manufacturing improvements into existing products.
* The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer should be familiar with current automation and control technologies including servos, PLCs, control interfaces and tooling. Experience with electrical winding equipment a plus. Additional responsibilities include:
* Research, develop, test and implement new automated equipment across the shop.
* Research new manufacturing technologies for possible use with new and legacy products.
* Work with design engineering teams to prove out new technology in new product designs.
* Assist with new product introduction initiatives where new equipment development is needed.
* Provide the technical expertise to develop and implement automated manufacturing processes.
* Lead action workouts/cost-out projects that involve advanced manufacturing technology.
* Drive measurable improvements in productivity and product flow.
* Participate in process improvement initiatives with Manufacturing Engineering.
* Ensure process automation and control system solutions meet all safety, quality, and reliability design criteria.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering discipline from and accredited university or college.
* Minimum 3 additional years of experience working with automated equipment and controls.
* Experience working in a high-volume manufacturing setting.
* Knowledge of aerospace motor / generator production methods and processes.
* Knowledge of PLCs and programming.
* Experience with electrical winding equipment.
* Strong mechanical aptitude.
* Basic electrical knowledge.
* Strong documentation skills.
* Strong problem solving abilities.
* Six Sigma training or preferred quality training.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Vandalia
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.