6 months ago
The Manufacturing Engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; uses concepts of Lean and Continuous Improvement to improve operational efficiencies; works closely with Plant Manager to learn every aspect of Operations.
• Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
• Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
• Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinates deployment including training of team members.
• Assists Plant Manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
• Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
• Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment.
• Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
• Designs, develops and tests and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
• Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
• Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
• Share best practices within the organization.
• Lead by example, instilling skill sets and mindsets, in order to drive continuous improvement; coach and develop employees; lead cross-functional teams.
• Assist all teams as needed, to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
Possess the ability to :
• Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the ability to acquire, assimilate, and analyze data from multiple systems and resources.
• Perform project management, team facilitation, data analysis, change management, and best practice translation skills.
• Execute against long-and short-term objectives.
• Assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Demonstrate integrity, strong communication and interpersonal skills; effectively interface and affect all levels of the organization.
• Write reports, general business correspondences, and procedures.
• Create standard work documents, operational procedures, and visual work aids.
• Recognize conflict and take appropriate action.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Experience and/or training in safe work environments, capital improvement, and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Education in and experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement.
• Experience in metals and/or scrap industries.
• Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
This position will be based in Gardena, CA, but may require travel to some or all of our Revert facilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Physical Demands: The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and/or walk; occasionally required to climb or balance; push/pull, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occassionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to travel regularly by air or car; must be able to work in manufacturing environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Works primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the office setting with exposure to climate changes, uneven surfaces, heights, noise, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.