7 months ago
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Job Summary & Essential Functions: The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. The individual is responsible for supporting all manufacturing processes in the plant and key suppliers. Supports the transition of new product from design engineering to manufacturing, including the development of the PFMEA; mistake proofing key process characteristics; verifies machine/equipment capability; and validates effectiveness of dies, tooling, and fixtures. Develops process improvements, provides improvement suggestions to design engineers on jigs, fixtures, dies, and related tooling, troubleshoots machine/product related issues and implements lean manufacturing and/or six sigma principles. Conducts root cause analysis and drives long-term corrective actions.
* Develop standardized work instructions, implement 5S, balance lines, create process flow and linkage, develop pull systems, lead Kaizen Events and remove non-value added activities from the manufacturing process.
* Develops standard operating procedures for both fabrication and assembly processes.
* Provides guidance to supervisors, leads and operators regarding process improvements.
* Improves tooling/fixtures for fabrication and assembly to remove non-value added activity, to reduce set up times, to improve quality and to reduce scrap.
* “Hands On” participation on the shop floor for problem solving and developing both corrective actions and developing proper methodologies to solve problems.
* Proficient at mentoring other operators with evaluating and resolving process issues.
* Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
* May serve as lead engineer of small cross-functional groups for specific projects.
* Acts with authority as technical lead.
* Works with internal and external customers, either directly or through the Project Team, to achieve product or process objectives, and presents formal presentations.
* Researches innovative methods and technologies. Prepares and presents IR&D proposals to senior management.
* Applies statistical process control to address and correct process and tolerance issues.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
* Ability to solve complex problems on the factory floor including CNC Machining and other fabrication processes
* Knowledge of aerospace company specifications and practices.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars.
* Overtime and weekend work as needed to support manufacturing.
* Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
* Experience in leading multiple projects and implementing a continuous improvement process.
* Works independently with minimal supervision.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
* BS degree in Engineering; and/or related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum 5 years related experience in job function .
• Significant background in problem solving on the factory floor including CNC Machining and other fabrication processes.
* Background in Lean and/or Six Sigma principles including Process Mapping, 5S, DMAIC, Cellular Manufacturing, FMEA, Pull Systems and Continuous Improvement Events such as Kaizen or Six Sigma Projects.
* Three to five years experience in aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
* Must be able to effectively communicate.
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
* Frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* Must be able to frequently move and/or lift from 1 – 50 pounds.
* Working conditions are: 20% office environment, 80% manufacturing environment.
* Noise level is moderate in office environment and moderate to loud on shop floor.
* Minimal travel required.
* Regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
* Regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat.
* Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing areas.
* Fully enclosed shoes, leather construction, must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
* Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
* General hazardous waste work clause- Employee is responsible for placing hazardous waste in the proper container, ensuring the containers are kept closed when not in use, and report any spills immediately.
810 Champlin Avenue
Berryville, Arkansas, 72616