about 1 month ago
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our organization.
Day to Day:
Chromalloy is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components, and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts. In support of land-based vehicles, Chromalloy employs identical engineering disciplines used to produce its FAA-certified parts. Chromalloy serves commercial, military and industrial turbine engine operators worldwide.
POSITION SUMMARY: The basic purpose or function of the Manufacturing Engineer is to be responsible for overseeing processes, equipment, and safety used in the shop during production of finished products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
* Support manufacturing and component repair operations such as machining, grinding, EDM, welding, blending, heat treat, brazing, thermal spray, peening, surface finishing, NDT, etc.
* Trouble shoots problems on the production line and issues corrective actions and reports
* Identify pertinent KPI metrics and implement the means to measure, track, and drive improved performance
* Lead, teach and coach employees in all aspects of lean manufacturing implementation and maintenance
* Develop capacity models to tie on time delivery and TAKT time to production performance
* Optimizes new systems and upgrades to existing processes and facilities
* Update shop routers, procedures and process documentation
* Interface with government and customer auditors
* Assist with development of new product and process capabilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics can be obtained from the Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities or essential functions of the job.
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
* Minimum of 3 years prior experience
* Demonstrated success in utilizing lean tools such as PDCA, value stream mapping, Kaizen, 5S, etc.
* Excellent problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude
* Machining skills, tool/fixture design, CAD modeling or machine programming experience a big plus
* Familiarity with aerospace products and standards and/or FAA regulations
* Attention to detail and adherence to approved manufacturing data
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Previous work with airfoil fabrication
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.