3 months ago
US - CA - Gardena
* Responsible for and will be the focal point for all technical aspects of assigned project(s) in the following categories: compliance with customer/product procurement specification; validate that the manufacturing process meets all customer and internal requirements; product manufacturability; concurrence on planning document releases; tooling requirements; and work instructions.
* Creates and maintains 'How To Planning'. Responsible for clear and concise work instructions of detail parts, sub-assemblies, and top assemblies.
* Ensure the manufacturability of detail parts, sub-assemblies, top assemblies as applicable to the project(s).
* Liaison and provide technical assistance between manufacturing and customer cognizant engineering.
* Assist in the initial manufacturing cycle of all new detail parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
* Project/proposal management.
* Become familiar with the delivery schedule and adhere to that schedule.
* The Manufacturing Engineer shall work with the assigned Contracts Administrator and the Operations Director for schedule relief/change.
* Follow-up on the progress of the project through the manufacturing process.
* Apply time standards after process validation.
* Become familiar with the specific manufacturing process of the product and work to identify and implement cost reduction ideas.
* May be assigned to special cost reduction initiatives as part of a multi-discipline team.
* Perform, document and validate component, assembly, and/or system processes such as machining, forming, stamping, heat treating, and chemical processing of the following materials: Titanium, Inconel, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel, Tooling Steel, etc.
* Ensure that all engineering changes are implemented.
* Coordinate the design of tooling as it applies to the process.
* Develop sound manufacturing processes based upon company's capabilities.
* Check production drawing(s) for technical content.
* Make recommendations and offer credible solutions to product, tooling and processes.
* Creation of work instructions, and develop, document, and maintain knowledge database.