9 months ago
Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer on our high performing Lear Romec Brand Manufacturing Engineering Team in Elyria, Ohio.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. You will also be responsible to recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods, and controls, as well as coordinate manufacturing launches for new or revised products and processes.
* Perform production support engineering work, requiring the application of standard and advanced techniques, procedures and criteria in supporting processes and/or systems.
* Independently develop clear and specific objectives for given assignments that may require the investigation of several alternative solutions, developing thoughts and ideas into engineered solutions.
* Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling, and production equipment capabilities, machining methods, and quality control standards
* Develop and test and/or source and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods. Includes capital justifications, implementation documentation, and training.
* Create new and maintain existing production routings, defining each operation required to move a component or assembly through the complete manufacturing process from the issuance of raw material through production, assembly, and test.
* Define specific significant details (machine, tools, and gages to be used – required feeds and speeds – and significant handling factors) of each operation required to manufacture and/or assemble components in accordance with product specifications.
* Assume overall process ownership of manufacturing area(s) as assigned to provide analytical problem solving and process troubleshooting support, interfacing with other functional groups as required to review and resolve processing issues with sound, and lasting, corrective actions
* Prepare component and assembly cost estimates to support financial decisions required to evaluate new business opportunities
* Where applicable, create /modify NC/CNC programs to manufacture hardware according to product specification(s) while ensuring efficient production methods.
* Bachelor's Degree required (Engineering discipline preferred)
* 0-4 years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
* Knowledgeable understanding of manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment.
* Demonstrated project management and coordination experience
* A desire to aggressively learn and continue to develop knowledge and skills
* Demonstrated Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
* CNC Machining experience
* Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. Because we contract with the US Department of Defense we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
The Elyria Site (Lear Romec Brand) offers the most reliable positive displacement pumps in the industry consisting of the vane, gerotor, and spur gear configurations. Products include lube and scavenge pumps that are ETOPS rated; high contamination resistance gerotor pumps for oil applications; high-pressure spur gear pumps; centrifugal fuel pumps and centrifugal coolant pumps. Our pumps are used on many General Aviation, business jet, commercial transport, and military aircraft applications.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.