about 1 year ago
The Manufacturing Engineer performs complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques. Responsible for performing standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. Also responsible for selecting engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develops manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes. Compiles and evaluates test and production data; prepares technical analysis.
2. Create assembly work instructions.
3. Design tools and fixtures for assembly and acceptance testing.
4. Develops routings and labor standards and updates the Vantage system.
5. Develops Job Cards from design engineering drawings and writes and/or modifies assembly work instructions and acceptance test procedures.
6. Performs Line Balancing and Product Line Layouts for increased efficiency and flow.
7. Provides engineering support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of assembly operations.
8. Provides input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, ERP support studies, factory cost work standard’s development, and other related activities.
9. Provides assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change orders, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
10. Uses DFM/DFA Techniques to assist Project/Design Engineering on the development of new products and the redesign of existing products.
11. Analyzes customer returns for root cause and leads corrective action efforts in cooperation with program management and quality
12. Advises assembly supervisor to best utilize lean principles to eliminate waste, improve quality, safety, ergonomics and throughput
13. Provides coaching, counseling, and guidance to assigned work group, monitoring progress and giving guidance on work performance.
14. Promotes a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the "HAECO Americas" Safety Manual.
15. Attends required meetings to discuss critical path areas, planned work, critical parts, and overall program status.
16. Interacts with Business Planner, Quality Supervisor, and Assembly Supervisor to set and prioritize daily activities and product delivery schedule.
17. Creates and leads a continuous improvement with emphasis on assembly flow to achieve desired TAKT
18. Participates in daily production meetings and implements relevant production schedules for the business unit.
19. Leads continuous improvement analysis to identify and resolve assembly line process problems, including implementation of Lean and/or Six Sigma best practices.
20. Ensures adherence to all HAECO quality and FAA regulations.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
1. Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering Degree (BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience with mechanical systems and lean manufacturing principles.
3. Familiarity with a diverse range of materials (i.e. aluminum alloys, stainless steel alloys, engineering polymers, composites, etc.).
4. Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and technical data.
5. Must be capable of applying statistical analysis techniques such as Design of Experiments, Optimization, Process Reliability, Hypothesis Testing and Regression Analysis.
6. Experience with 3-D Modeling software (Uni-graphics, Solid Works, or Solid Edge) is required.
7. Must have strong analytical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
8. Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
1. Experience within commercial aircraft seating (assembly) environment.
2. Lean implementation with emphasis on standard work & line balancing.
3. Experience establishing operational objectives and performance metrics.
4. DMAIC problem solving.