8 months ago
STS Technical Services is currently hiring Manufacturing Directors in Fort Mill, South Carolina.
STS Technical Services is looking for a Manufacturing Director to oversee and direct all manufacturing operations, including the quality of all goods produced. Using process, quality and production improvement methodologies, the position directs the development, planning, implementation and maintenance of methods for new or existing products and technologies through a strong relationship and affiliation with Quality.
This person will execute day to day activities to ensure attainment of operational goals, tactics, priorities, as well as identify resource needs. Management responsibilities also include developing and implementing policies and procedures, as well as coaching manufacturing staff, and driving business results.
Description of Essential Duties:
* Manage the day to day operations of manufacturing with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost
* Provide effective leadership, management and direction for the operations staff across all shifts and production departments
* Performance will be measured based primarily on the metrics of; safety, quality, yield, efficiency and on-time-delivery
* Work closely with the value stream teams, maintenance, engineering and other departments to effectively enable the mill to deliver quality, timely and cost competitive products
* Increase profitability, efficiency and productivity through technology, personnel training and process improvements
* Review production and operating reports, resolving operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems
* Employ lean manufacturing techniques to achieve an organized, efficient and cost effective production department
* Develop or revise standard operational and working practices to maximize efficiency and throughput
* Overall responsibility for the effective use of equipment, material, facilities and personnel to achieve production targets
* Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or science related field, preferably Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
* 5-10 years in progressive operations management experience
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications
* Experience in data analysis, SPC ( statistical process control ) knowledge, etc
* Experience in the management of technical staff in addition to front line personnel.
* Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in TQM, Six Sigma, statistics, LEAN
* Thorough knowledge of Production Planning, Materials Management, Inventory Management, MRP/ERP, Manufacturing Cost Accounting, Bills of Materials, Routings, Shop Floor Control
Organizational Culture/Job Fit:
* This person will have a focus on culture–results will be determined by safety, people and culture development
* This individual will have a focus / experience directly impacting business KPI’s
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
* Experience within a matrix organization with the ability to adapt quickly in a varied work environment, be sensitive to diverse cultural differences, build relationships, and work successfully at all levels
* Effective conflict resolution, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
* Sound reasoning, judgment, objectivity, and ability to deal with ambiguity
* Experience with handling sensitive and confidential information
Key Safety Responsibilities:
* Follow mill safety procedures and complete required annual safety training and refreshers
* Prepare reports as assigned relative to activity, lost orders, closings, follow-up and performance against budget
* Report on special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity, including recommendations for product, service, pricing changes and evaluation of competitive developments
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.