4 months ago
Manufacturing Configuration Engineer
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Reporting into the Manufacturing Configuration & Standards Manager, shall be responsible for maintaining configuration control of hardware / software manufactured on site at LMUK Ampthill for one or more Programmes within the Ampthill organisation.
Tasks shall include but is not limited to the following;
* Tracks the configuration of the as built standard of a manufactured assembly produced at LMUK Ampthill in accordance with command media and contractual requirements.
* Ensures the timely creation of an As-Built Record for Assemblies
* Supports in the undertaking of Product Configuration Audits (PCA)
* Supports the generation of End Item Data Packs.
* Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
* Supports the control of Manufacturing Process Change in accordance with LMUK Ampthill command media.
* Maintains and reports Key Performance Indicators with respect to Manufacturing Configuration
In addition the Manufacturing Configuration Engineer shall also have responsibility for ensuring all configuration controlled documents produced within the Manufacturing organisation are suitably controlled and are in accordance with defined standards.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP and Scout Vehicle Programmes.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Configuration Control processes
* Acts as an advocate of these Configuration principles within the assigned Programme.
* Tenacious individual who can govern configuration control principles in challenging Programme environments.
* Has the ability to appropriately interact with all levels of the organisation
* Is familiar with document types utilised to define and document a Manufacturing process
* Has experience in defining and governing document standards
* Familiar with requirements of DEFSTAN 05/57
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience/Knowldege of SAP and Winchill is highly desirable
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.