4 months ago
Job Function: Manfacturing Operations
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Title: Manual Machinist - 3rd shift
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Repair Machinist opening to join our Operations organization.
Chromalloy is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components, and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts. In support of land-based vehicles, Chromalloy employs identical engineering disciplines used to produce its FAA-certified parts. Chromalloy serves commercial, military and industrial turbine engine operators worldwide.
The repair machinist works as a part of a team manually machining commercial and military gas turbine engine components back into tolerance using blueprints, customer specifications and standard work to hold tolerances < .001.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Operates EDM, manual lathes and mills to machine engine component to match blueprint and customer specifications.
* Performs and plans part changeovers, setups and execution of high variation of work scope to support production needs according to product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
* Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules and maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
* Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines and other routine labor work as required in accordance with production flow.
* Operator inspects own work using inspection tools such as CMM, micrometers and gauges.
* Operator to adhere to all 5s / CPEX policies and to have a continuous improvement mindset.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Must have HS Diploma or GED. Strong shop mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions required.
* On the job experience of 3-5 years in manual machining. Experience machining superalloy (Inconel and Waspaloy) highly desirable.
* Must have experience machining tolerances <.001, inspecting own work against blueprint specs using a variety of measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, scales, thread gages, CMM, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position will require the employee to wear the following specific PPE that will be provided by the company: Steel toes shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.