8 months ago
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Under administrative direction of the Director, Manufacturing and Test Engineering, the Manager, Sustaining Engineering is responsible for providing leadership for programs that are in production or are transitioning into production.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products
6655 E. Colonial Drive
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Manage and Lead engineers and technicians at multiple locations with data driven tools and techniques that improve overall manufacturing processes, in-process and lot acceptance test processes, as well as product designs.
* Manage the establishment of process controls that are linked to quality requirements and enable generation of data for use in Statistical Process Control (SPC) and other control plans.
* Provide oversight/be a Lead for Failure Review Boards (FRBs). Support FRBs with resources to accomplish thorough investigations of quality escapes, near misses, and failures, ensuring proactive solutions which help prevent future issues.
* Establish and maintain Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) and Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA) for all programs/lines and ensure all lines/programs are set up properly to follow these regulations.
* Monitor technical progress for interventions and issue resolution.
* In conjunction with procurement, establish and maintain obsolescence plans for critical components.
* Interface with Operations leadership to support operator process training and ensure the department’s comprehensive understanding of processes and equipment needed to appropriate manufacture products.
* Develop and present formal reports and presentations to senior management, defense and aerospace customers
* Participate in proposals, departmental budgets, and resource adjustments in compliance with programmatic requirements.
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
* Ability to travel regularly (20-40%) is required.
* Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance is required.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Master's preferred.
* Broad electro/mechanical engineering knowledge at the product development level.
* Must have broad knowledge/ability to work in all areas of technology, including digital and analog electrical/electronic, software, and mechanical design.
* General knowledge in advanced technologies related to data acquisition, transfer and storage, and signal processing.
* Labview software experience a plus.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.