4 months ago
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award-winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Manager, Safety Assurance to join our Flight Operations team in Perth. Reporting to the Head of Flight Operations, this role is responsible for the leadership of operational safety and quality assurance to the department and all systems and process that support them.
A key focus for this role will be to provide qualitative and quantitative information that defines the flying operations safety health and to facilitate Department Managers to identify and manage risk. Additional duties in this role will include:
* Manage the Flight Operations Safety Investigation program
* Drive a proactive approach to safety management across the Flight Operations Division and maintain continual improvement of the Flight Operations safety management system
* Monitor, assess and manage Flight Operations occurrence reports
* Develop and maintain the Flight Operations scheduled and special purpose audit program including Line Operations Safety Audits
* Develop & manage FDAP in accordance with regulatory requirements, Industrial Agreement and Safety System Manual.
* Maintain full compliance with the audit/investigation standards stipulated in the respective Safety Systems manual suite.
You will be passionate about promoting a safety culture within the aviation industry. You strong experience in a aviation operational role will ensure your success. You should have a good working knowledge of legislation published by local and foreign authorities with a proven ability to analyse data in many forms, provide accurate and reliable advice and recommendations based on this analysis. You experience in risk management and safety investigation will be essential.
For more information please see the attached position description.