about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10310
Location: US - Massachusetts - Wilmington
Functional Area: Quality Assurance
Division: AHV - Measurement & Power Systems
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 20
AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
Our Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications and serves both the military and commercial markets. We offer custom design and engineering services and high quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Our product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, waste water level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
In this Manager, Quality Engineering position, this individual will be responsible for supporting quality engineering requirements for new product development activities, customer quality approvals, production support and continuous improvement efforts ensuring continued certification to AS9100 Rev. D, ISO9001:2008, applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations, and Department of Defense (DOD) Regulations. This position will also function as primary liaison for various customers in order to resolve quality issues, ensure appropriate flow down of quality requirements, enable positive channels of communication, and ensure customer satisfaction, i.e. maintain an effective corrective/preventive action system for internal and external problems. The ideal candidate will be a strong problem-solving engineer who is ready for the next level in his/her career and has a desire and aptitude to grow into a senior-level managerial role. This position will have direct management reports located in Wilmington, MA, and Irvine, CA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide quality coaching to staff, peers, associates and management team, thereby enhancing their skills in efficient execution of procedures to drive improved customer satisfaction.
• Timely problem identification & resolution of production line work stoppages to support customer on time deliveries.
• Manage teams in areas of quality management/operational excellence in a high volume and diversified manufacturing environment.
• Represent Quality Engineering on new product development teams and smoothly transition new designs into production.
• Support Business Unit financial objectives through management of the Cost of Non Conformances (Scrap/Warranty).
• Communicate with customers and government quality representatives (FAA & DCMA) on quality issues. Form positive/productive customer/FAA/DCMA relationships based on data and continual improvement.
• Perform contract reviews for new customers/products by reviewing customer purchase orders, product/quality specifications and any other documentation to ensure delivered products meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Implement and maintain a quality management system (QMS) by flowing down customer/government quality clauses & requirements into internal procedures, i.e. a sustainable QMS that supports Business Unit objectives via ISO 9001/AS 9100 certifications.
• Review Engineering Orders and participate in new design product/design review in order to ensure quality requirements are identified and captured in appropriate documentation.
• Develop, prepare and implement Quality Program Plans for new and existing customers and products.
• Function as primary liaison for various customers in order to resolve quality issues, ensure appropriate flow down of quality requirements, enable positive channels of communication, and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Ensure FAA Designated Manufacturing Inspection Representative (DMIR) services are available at all division locations.
• Coordinate customer evaluations for reported product failures or other complaints and assist in corrective action.
• Participate in MRB activities, provide guidance with customer MRB requirements and assist in corrective action.
• Coordinate internal quality audits and report status of QMS compliance to management.
• Participate on cross-functional teams to implement Operational Excellence Initiatives (6 Sigma, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, etc.) in any manufacturing shop.
• Provide status of internal and external corrective actions, ensure responses are adequate to prevent recurrence of nonconformance and report progress to management.
Direct reports: Yes
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering is required (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred, will consider Manufacturing Engineering)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Lead Quality Engineer and 2-3 years as a manager in a manufacturing environment required; Aerospace manufacturing environment is preferred (knowledge of FAA 14CFR Part 21 and FAA 14 CFR Part 145 requirements).
• Experience managing a team of direct or indirect reports preferred.
• AS9100 Internal Auditing.
• Prior FAA DMIR training/certification, as well as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience are a plus.
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; manufacturing process controls; solid organizations skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learns and grow professionally.
• Strong computer skills are a must, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Oracle and Lotus Notes Databases are a plus.
• This is a hands on position that takes someone who can roll up their sleeves and solve critical issues in a timely manner while balancing long term improvement initiatives
• Travel: 20%
• Relocation is not available for this position
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, the candidate must be either a US Citizen or Greencard holder
• No phone calls, please
Please submit resume and salary requirements to:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.