11 months ago
The Manager, Production will accept, schedule, and interpret customer requirements for aircraft repairs and maintenance. The manager shall work with the Customer Service team to determine the induction and delivery date for repairs and/ or modification. He/She shall ensure that the commitments are met within budget, safely & with high quality standards. Additionally, he/she shall establish priorities within the Maintenance, Structures, Avionics & Paint shops in the Operations Department, as to the order and sequence of work to be performed. The manager shall maintain contact with all concerned shops and provide positive information exchange between the Operations team and the Customer Support team. Among the other roles and responsibilities includes: Coordinate corrective action necessary to assure customer satisfaction and notify customers through the Customer Support Representative (CSR) of action taken to evaluate and improve our effectiveness. Initiating work orders and establishing priorities required controlling work on customer aircraft. Implementing and maintaining effective procedures for optimum use of time and resources necessary to produce a superior and quality product.
Train and assist subordinates in the proper work procedures and practices to be followed. Make available to all departments the required technical data necessary for maintenance, repair and modification of all aircraft. Maintain all departmental equipment and tools in a serviceable working condition. Maintain the premises of the department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Business unit financial performance including Profit & Loss, Asset Management and Budgeting
- Estimating, costing and quoting and invoicing of business unit jobs
- Satisfaction of Commercial and Military customers
- Management of all Business Unit purchase orders
- All production aspects including, production planning, scheduling, inventory management, equipment, tooling and facilities
- Personnel management, staff levels and training programs, team building and employee satisfaction
- Compliance with all applicable Transport Canada Regulations pertinent to the Business unit
- Management reporting
- Working with Sales and Marketing on all sales, marketing and business development initiatives
- Assist corporate management on Strategic Planning
- Other management responsibilities as required
- Accept, schedule, and interpret customer requirements for aircraft repair.
- Determine induction and production dates for all airframe work.
- Maintain contact with all concerned shops and provide positive information exchange between Vector and customer.
- Coordinate corrective action necessary to assure customer satisfaction and notify customer of action taken to evaluate and improve our effectiveness.
- Establish priorities required to control work on customer aircraft.
- Implementing and maintaining effective and efficient procedures for optimum use of time and resources necessary to produce a superior and quality product.
- Train and assist subordinates in the proper work procedures and practices to be followed.
- Making available all required technical data necessary for the repair and modification of all aircraft parts.
- At least 10 years experience in Aviation, preferably in maintenance, repair and overhaul
- Post Secondary education an asset
- At least 2 years of management or supervisory experience
- Results oriented
- Strong leadership, management, sales and customer service skills
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Computer literate including use of MS Word and MS Excel
- Technical background on Maintenance repairs Bell, Airbus and Sikorsky helicopter an asset
- Transport Canada “M” License would be an asset
- Airsoft knowledge an asset