7 months ago
Manager, Mechanical Engineering, NPD.
Location : Location
# of Openings
2 months ago(3/14/2019 7:26 PM)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general direction of Engineering management, responsible for the design, analysis and troubleshooting of company products and/or components. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Identify and drive the implementation of phase-gate project management practices within the company for new product development and R&D projects.
* Work closely with the Business Development team to gather and analyze voice of the customer (VOC) as well as competitor assessments to develop and manage the product roadmaps and technology funnel processes
* Manage project managers and project engineers and perform as technical leader in the execution of project plans and ensure successful performance to cost, schedule technical performance and risk mitigations.
* Perform senior level engineering design and analyses on projects and provide mentorship peer review support to other engineering staff
* Develop strategies for acquiring new technology and improving existing technologies that complement the overall business. Lead technology innovation processes.
* Plan and formulate technical aspects of cost, proposals schedule, and resources.
* Generate, review and analyze proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
* Identify, propose and secure both internal and customer funding for research projects. Maintain and protect all intellectual property developed and obtain patents as applicable.
* Develop and implement world class project management methods and procedures for monitoring projects, such as preparation of records of expenditures and research finding progress reports in order to inform management of current status of each project.
* Drive growth and innovation through hands-on research, development and engineering functions and by facilitating an environment of teamwork. Maintain adequately trained staff. Evaluate staff performance and develop goals and objectives.
* Ability to obtain/maintain clearance required.
* Perform special projects as assigned.
Area of concentration is mechanical.
BS in mechanical or electrical engineering required. MBA or Master’s degree in mechanical/electrical engineering strongly preferred. Broad electro/mechanical engineering knowledge at the product development level can substitute on a two to one basis for a Master’s Degree level courses. Must have broad knowledge/ability to work in all areas of technology, including digital and analog electrical/electronic, software and mechanical design. General knowledge in advanced technologies such as those related to data acquisition, transfer and storage, signal processing, Micro electro machine systems (MEMS), algorithms and sensors. Related fuzing experience a plus. Over 13 years up to and including 7+ years’ experience of product development/management experience. Experience in design for manufacturing would be a major plus-”Roll-up-your –sleeves” entrepreneurial spirit, start up attitude plus data driven. Systems engineering experience a must. Ability to work effectively with remote teams and across department disciplines. Experience with military and or aerospace customers very important.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.