10 months ago
Manager, Manufacturing (Pre-flight) - Global 7000/8000-TOR03872
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Plan, implement and control functional activities in order to achieve the Operations Unit and/or Product Quality performance targets including goals set forth for the Achieving Excellence System
- Ensure that all team members understand their role and performance in achieving the Operations Unit plan;
- Must be able to provide leadership and coaching to all licensed AME's in the department and provide feedback to employees
- Ensure functional role of support organizations are integrated into Operations Unit resulting in a one-team approach;
- Ensure the right resources are available on a shift by shift basis to meet projected workload delivery on quality, cost and schedule
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a safe working environment;
- Maintain an equitable work environment.
As our ideal candidate,
- You must possess a post-secondary degree/diploma in technical discipline
- You must possess a valid AME license (Required for AMO, Asset for Pre-flight)
- You must have knowledge and experience in aircraft manufacturing/maintenance
- You must have customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone, and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations
- You must possess the following: ethics, integrity and honesty; respect for others; cooperation; be motivated to get things done; be able to express ideas logically and coherently; possess a positive attitude; be able to overcome obstacles; assume full responsibility; utilize the appropriate resources to solve day-to-day problems; react quickly to unforeseen events
- You must possess interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
- You must have experience in developing both long-range strategic goals and short-term tactical plans
- You must be able to anticipate and satisfy the customer's needs, while operating within established policies, procedures and commercial guidelines
- You must have communication, problem solving, and leadership skills in order to effectively work with a variety of individuals and departments
- You must have knowledge of the Canadian Air Regulations
- You must be flexible and able to work various shifts, including weekends.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 18.06.2018, 10:00:45 AM