10 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our company’s success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
* Work closely with other UTC organizations to mentor and train Authorization Owners and Coordinators within UTAS’s SBUs, to ensure best practices and authorization systems are deployed across the enterprise.
* Review Department of State and Department of Commerce License and Agreement applications on behalf of UTAS’s ITC Organization and ensuring the submissions are in accordance with UTAS and UTC policies and industry best practices.
* Create and maintain standard work to ensure UTAS’s export authorizations are prepared, applied for, and managed by UTAS’s Strategic Business Units (SBU)s.
* Leadership of teams to create standard work, improve processes, and apply a quality culture to all applications.
* Participate in site assessment processes and drive corrective actions to closure.
* Assist with UTAS wide investigations, corrective actions and voluntary disclosures.
* 6+ years experience with at least 3 to 4 years working with International Trade Compliance matters.
* Strong understanding of US Export Regulations – ITAR/EAR/OFAC authorization requirements.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, tracking plans to commitments and driving actions to a fully documented closure.
* Collaborate on a cross functional team and effectively communicate with our international sites and business partners (IT, Engineering, Operations, etc.).
* All candidates should have substantial experience with the ITAR & EAR and / or Customs regulations and the ability to work in a complex, fast moving environment with multiple international partners and foreign nationals.
* This position will require access to ITAR and EAR controlled data as well as Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
* Experience with IT tools, SAP, GTS, OCR, MKDenial, etc. is a plus.
* ITC certifications and Aerospace experience is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.