10 months ago
Leads the development and enhancement of SOW’s in Engineering Services. Develops and manages all the engineers working on Modifications work statements. Ensures that individual and production goals are met adhering to established schedules and as per Boeing standards. Ensures that personnel issues are resolved in an impartial manner.
Education: Four-Year College Degree in Engineering.
Experience: Strong business acumen and must have experience in working in design support projects on commercial aircraft programs. Must have working experience of ENOVIA and CATIA V5 tools. Should have experience in resolving engineering problems associated with design, support, analysis and modification of aircraft interiors. Knowledge in various Boeing process and standards. Atleast 7+ years of experience in working in aerospace domain. Knowledge of multiple CAD tools is an added advantage.
JOB POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage team of engineers and leads to meet production and quality targets.
* Expected to monitor and report performance to meet or exceed dynamic production schedules and changing deadlines.
* Monitors work based on skill, experience and location.
* Provides timely and accurate information on production schedules and deadlines.
* Will draw upon domain expertise to resolve complex technical problems associated with production activities.
* Reviews team member’s performance and communicate to management addressing strengths and weakness, production schedule, and quality.
* Establish the Engineering process as per Boeing standards and ensure they are documented and followed by the team members.
* Establish a technical training program capable of providing cascade training to team members.
* Understand production processes and procedures and resolve problems.
* Conduct employee reviews, evaluations and define merit increases for the team members.
* Monitor quality, identify root causes of quality problems, and develop methods for quality improvement.
* Manage staffing requirements.
* Encourage continuous process improvement within the group, identify risks and mitigate them.
* Lead employee development activities and mentor employees.
* Encourage initiatives, improve group moral.
* Initiate performance improvement plans as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* Must have people management and team building experience.
* Proven decision-making ability.
* Excellent understanding of the Boeing processes used on Modifications Program.
* Good knowledge in all the tools used in Modifications Program.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Experience in risk analysis, mitigation and resolution.
* Good knowledge in MS office products and PC skills.
* Effective problem resolution skills and facilitation skills.
* Develop processes and tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the team.
* Interact with global teams and support functions to understand requirements, determine solutions and resolve problems.
Regularly interacts closely with executives, management and non-management employees to obtain information and resolve problems. Engages in a variety of contacts with individuals outside the organization.
POINT OF PROGRESSION
May be considered for other leadership roles, provided CDG identified leadership traits, behavior, and characteristics have been exhibited and provided employee has demonstrated proficiency in current position and willingness and aptitude to take on more responsibility
Leads directly or indirectly 30+ employees. Assume leadership role for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of their area(s) of responsibility. Ensure that they carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; instilling a team environment; planning, assigning, and directing the work activities; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving conflicts
DESIRED LEADERSHIP TRAITS
* Possess and exhibit a high level of integrity and trustworthiness – be respected role model
* Do what you say you will
* Keep your commitments and promises
* You must have character - without it all other behaviors mean nothing –possess high ethical standards
* Your innate character strengths and limitations play a critical role in your leadership style
* Are you aware of just what role they play – what part does your personality play in your leadership style
* Love what you do; love doing it
* Foster teamwork and collaboration – Create a strong sense of purpose
* Inspire and empower those around you to perform
* Ability to attract and develop talent – recognize the skills of others – encourage continuing development needs
* Ability to move others out of their comfort zone and toward a goal
* Find common ground with all types of people and build rapport with them
* Connect to people, deeply, genuinely, passionately – business is all about people and relationships
* Persuade others to follow - do not rely on authority to get things done
* Build relationships – make interpersonal connections with employees
* Be an attentive listener
* Timely and effective communication with employees and management
* Express thoughts and ideas clearly
* Ability to generate enthusiasm and passion
* Speak positively about change efforts, and avoid inadvertent undermining
Find a Way
* Find a way to meet objectives
* See the benefit of change and the ability to communicate it
* Be eager to explore new approaches to work
* Able to convert purpose and vision to direction, action and produce results
* Risk taker – confident in taking risks, handle negative reaction outcome
* Strategic thinker
* Ability to articulate a vision and persuade others
* Encourage and engage opposing viewpoints and ideas, not threatened by them
* Base decision and strategies on sound intuitive and rational judgments and accurate appraisal of the situation
* Decisive – gets the facts, accesses information and acts even if all info is not available, or others are not happy with decision
* Willing to ask questions and search openly and without bias for practical answers to the most vexing problems
* Know self – deep understanding of one’s emotions, strengths, weaknesses, needs and drives
* High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities