about 1 year ago
The Engineering Manager reports to the VP of Quality and Engineering and is responsible for the operations of the Engineering Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage projects to include labor planning, financial budgets, engineering tasking, and oversight of engineering staff.
• Responsible for project specification development and reviews. Involvement includes actual technical reviews to assess performance, progress as well as risk assessment (technical, scheduling and cost).
• Responsible to ensure project budgets, schedules and technical performance requirements are met and that group projects are completed successfully and on time.
• Establishes and supports program/project operating objectives. Management within multiple work cells with diverse skills and responsibilities.
• Solve complex technical and management problems requiring in-depth analysis of various factors, which include support of existing product lines.
• Responsibilities include resolving issues between production and quality, evaluating warranties and corrective actions, resolve repair process difficulties, coordinate equipment maintenance internally or via contractor)
• Review of Technical Data revisions and update operation routers to incorporate changes.
• Support the shop when necessary as well as the quality department.
• Communicate with vendors and customers as needed.
• Provide repair solutions as part of the MRB team.
• Assign projects and manage the project engineers as well as any outside engineers which may be used from time to time.
• Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Engineering Department.
• Carries out Managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Master’s Degree (M.A) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training.
• Ability to apply engineering principles and math/science skills as tools to effectively solve complex problems.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and do statistical analysis to draw valid conclusions