4 months ago
Manager, Cryo-Mechanical Engineering
Job ID: 428077BR Date posted: Nov. 06, City: Goleta State: California
Description:We are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to join our dynamic engineering team to contribute to the successful design and production of infrared sensors. The position offers multidisciplinary engineering challenges, ability to work directly with a variety of customers, and leadership growth potential.
Must be self motivated and able to function as a Task Lead.
Participates in design analysis, solid modeling, drawing generation, testing and data analysis, integration and control of mechanical test equipment, troubleshooting, failure analysis, and support to production.
Experience in the design and/or application of cryocoolers and cryogenic packaging is required.
Leads mechanical design projects, including responsibility for coordinating mechanical design efforts and meeting both technical and programmatic objectives.
Interfaces with engineers and technicians in electrical, mechanical, and optical tasks required for program performance.
-Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 9 plus years of related experience.
- Experience designing mechanical components/systems, including generation of detail drawings.
- Experience in the design and/or application of cryocoolers and cryogenic packaging.
- Understanding of, Heat Transfer, Material Science, and Mechanics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead both functional and project teams and build effective relationships
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance and therefore must be a U. S. Citizen.
-Masters degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
- Leadership and management skills and desire to lead.
- Solid modeling and drafting, preferably using SolidWorks.
- Understanding of infrared and FPA manufacturing technologies.
- Experience with thermal and structural analysis.
- Expertise with Cryocoolers and cryogenic systems.
- Familiar with high vacuum and ESD handling requirements.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Transition of high technology product from Development to Production.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Mechanical Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First