About the Job
The Manager Cargo Sales Planning will be responsible to drive sales by developing the Global Sales “information strategy”, identifying and acquiring specific sources, uses and recipients of information. Aligned to company and divisional priorities, accelerates growth and optimizes the global sales force by developing and implementing a carefully planned and prioritized outcome based global sales strategy and tool kit, driven by intelligent customer segmentation and a comprehension model of loyalty.
Sales Strategy & Tool kit
- Identifies and logically segments QR Cargos customer base by means of coherent firmographic principles such as revenue threshold, number of trade lanes, geographic spread, propensity to buy centrally, as well as other quantitative or qualitative characteristics.
- Defines the QR Cargo customer loyalty model to include elements such as absolute value (revenue), network spread, seasonality vs market seasonality (how much does the customer exacerbate or counter the seasonal imbalance in a market), lane imbalance vs market (how much does a customer exacerbate or counter the directional imbalance on a route ?), in order to yield premium and volume quotient.
- Synthesizing the segmentation and loyalty models, defines right sized customer portfolios and a deliberate sales strategy identifying clear sales outcomes at the customer level to include imperatives such as focus on growth (increase our share of customer business), Retail (loyal and paying good prices), manage fir Yield improvement (buying too cheaply but supporting well), Target backhaul (only supporting on the head haul). Seek support in low season or low dow, reevaluate (customer exhibiting demand imbalance along the directional and temporal lines – cyclical, seasonal. Dow, time of day – and paying low prices).
- Working closely with the Revenue Management and Pricing teams, develops the give & ask sales policy, identifying and classifying tangible service and products features as appropriate value exchange propositions.
- Create customer incentive plans designed to minimize cost and maximize the outcome expressed in the Sales Strategy.
Data & Analysis
- Employs a multi-source approach to information gathering to build and maintain an optimal universe of relevant data ensuring appropriate granularity , quality and integrity, growing its value as an asset to the business and a source of intellectual property.
- Promoting the collection
- Promoting the collective interests of the Global Sales department, drives database enhancements and system developments in order to continuesly improve the reporting efficiency and business insight.
- Ensuring systematic commercial reposting principles and procedures, drives a leading edge approach to the tools and techniques exploited by the Sales Planning effort.
- Using a multi method approach , routinely synthesizes data to create actionable customer insight as inputs intro the Customer Strategy or other tactical sales plans.
- Collaborating with Finance and the relevant Global Sales teams, employs predictive analysis to provide the required inputs into the revenue component of the divisions budget for the Global Key accounts and Products.
- Develops, implements and constantly refines a robust and sustainable systemized process for forecasting performance, financial or other at the customer and products levels.
- Provides an authoritative market analysis of the divisions business environment, major markets, the implication of current industry trends and forecasts to identify potential opportunities/risks.
- Develops and product ionizes a customer scorecard model, illustrating and tracking the “loyalty” metrics outlined below.
- Provides management with ad hoc and what-if scenario analyses and decision support advice.
- Maintains and develops the suite of Global Sales KPIs & commentaries.
You will be Degree qualified and ideally hold a post-graduate certificate or professional qualifications however a professional qualification in Mathematics, Engineering or Economics would be preferred.
A minimum 8 years of job-related experience within a large, complex organization. You will ideally have a background in Aviation Consulting with a focus on Air Cargo. A demonstrated track record of tackling complex business problems and creating viable solutions and any previous experience in sales strategy development, customer segmentation and loyalty modelling is required.
Excellent written and oral English communication is a must as well as your strong quantitative and analytical skills, advanced MS Excel ability, senior influential and relationship management, people management and strategic thinking.
Any advanced knowledge of Business Objects, SQ and TM1 skills will be looked upon favourably.