over 2 years ago
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for analyzing, cultivating, and developing new business opportunities for AAR Airlift, and will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for such business development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct Market, Customer, and Competitive analyses; develop company strategy, and design an annual business plan.
* Cultivate customer relationships and develop customer engagement plans.
* Serve as SME on customer requirements, competition, price and cost points, optimal equipment options, and emerging opportunities.
* Receive, research and provide analyses regarding Company aircraft operational capabilities, fleet availability and suitability, potential constraints and pricing.
* Create and execute Capture strategies, including strategic partnerships for long-term business expansion and cost control.
* Serve as liaison between Business Development and Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and Senior Leadership in order to identify maximum opportunities for capture and proposal.
* Serve as liaison between AAR Airlift and current and potential new customers.
* Write and edit proposals.
* Present successful contract offerings to program management.
* Collaborate with Corporate leadership on new business opportunities.
* Identify and articulate to leadership opportunities for corporate social responsibility and community partnerships.
* Conduct and participate in customer discussions and negotiations.
* Attend training and workshops as necessary to stay attuned to the current market and business opportunities.Travel as needed to client companies to identify new business opportunities (50%).
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university in a related field; or 8 years Business Development experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Masters Degree in related field
* Experience in pursuing governmental contracts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Five years experience in Aviation Business Operations to specifically include recent Military Aviation Special Operations experience (within the last two years).
* Excellent marketing and customer service skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to persuasively present and represent AAR Airlift.
* Knowledge of computer and use of Microsoft Office suite.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
2. Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
3. Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
4. Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
5. Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
6. Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
7. Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
8. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
9. Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
10. Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
11. Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
12. Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
13. Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
: Global Strategy & Business Development
: United States-Florida-Palm Bay
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran