2 months ago
Reporting to the Director, Engineering & Architectural Services, the Manager, Airside & Infrastructure Engineering leads and manages a team of technical and systems experts to develop, calibrate, and steward five year capital restoration programs aimed at driving safety, operational excellence, and ownership value. The Manager ensures that business objectives and priorities are supported through the prioritization of the restoration program based on risk analysis of current condition and operational criticality, by researching new technologies for viability at Pearson airport, maintenance of standards and publication of specifications, and application of engineering principles in the provision of services to stakeholders, clients and our community.
* Lead the development, calibration and stewardship of 5-year and 10-year airside and civil infrastructure assets Restoration Programs to enhance the performance, maintainability, resiliency, redundancy, and safety of airport assets.
* Validate program assumptions, edit fiscal analysis, and resolve issues with alternatives, errors or omissions.
* Communicate and champion program benefits to gain stakeholder and executive alignment/approval.
* Forecast variations or adapt to changes in capital investment plans by adjusting plans appropriately.
* Engage with business clients and other shared services to ensure inclusion of restoration plans in enterprise budgets.
* Manage the delivery of the Airside & Infrastructure Engineering Team’s tasks in support of the business objectives and priorities by ensuring quality engineering design and specifications.
* Validate and editorialize documented business, technical and project requirements relating to the solution synthesis, selection and implementation for systems.
* Develop design documentation through internal expertise where possible or through external sources (by developing request for proposal documentation) to meet construction windows and to minimize the disruption to airport operations.
* Acquire individually and foster continued skills and knowledge development among team members.
* Champion and manage change implications with the application of appropriate innovations as it relates to airside and civil infrastructure, technology, process, and people.
* Provide and foster innovative engineering solutions to enhance passenger safety and service through improved comfort, safety, resiliency and redundancy in airport airside and infrastructure systems.
* Provision training, as required, for immediate team members, end users, or other stakeholders relating to technology, specifications, professional growth, alignment to organizational cultural adaption or other relevant topics.
* Lead Airside & Infrastructure Engineering Team, both employees and contracted services, to provide a high level of customer service, engineering skill, and technical counsel to clients within budget & schedule.
* Capacity plan and prioritize allocation of team resources to ensure optimal utilization, timely completion of tasks, and continued responsiveness to business demands.
* Member of the Maintenance Review Team representing engineering perspectives.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients, stakeholders, and members of the greater community GTAA serves.
* Model behavior consistent with organization values, beliefs, and cultures.
* Support Project Management Office by providing engineering perspective and expertise.
* Commit to and deliver on the people manager promise to support and further the business’ vision through building and development of diverse, multi-skilled teams.
* Drive strategic clarity by helping people understand how the work contributes to the overall vision.
* Improve and innovate by listening to ideas and empowering decision making capabilities.
* Influence by helping people navigate the organization to remove obstacles, barriers and create collaboration opportunities.
* Lead people by providing coaching, guidance and development by providing meaningful feedback for personal and career growth.
* Execute flawlessly by clearly defining what expectations and success looks like in order to foster a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
* Responsible for being a customer centric Leader with respect to the Mission, Vision, Values and Beliefs).
* Post-secondary degree in Engineering from a recognized Canadian institution, or a combination of education and relevant professional experience and/or 8 of years of combined equivalent work experience and education in the fields of engineering and project management.
* Must be a Professional Engineer as designated by Professional Engineers Ontario.
* Industry experience or industry related experience (aviation, transportation, etc.).
* Minimum 5 years of experience in the functional work experience (Civil Engineering, Project Management, etc.)
* Minimum 3 years of experience in People Management (direct report or cross-functional).
* For management non-unionized roles: (Demonstrated experience working in a customer centric environment).
* Must be able to obtain and retain Transportation Security Clearance at the designated level for the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* High level financial acumen with sound understanding of operation expense and capital expenditure as it relates to balance sheet implications.
* Working knowledge of Life Cycle Asset Management.
* Project Management.
* English fluency in oral and written communication.
* Continuous improvement management system training.
* Contracts, legal collateral organization, and written word interpretation.
* Industry trends and technology developments.
* Refurbishment. Restoration and sustainment capital planning.
* Advanced quantitative analysis and logical deduction.
* Construction methods and practices.
* Ability to interpret construction drawings, specifications, building codes and assess compliance.
* Ability to translate drawings, specifications and other technical collateral for non- technical purposes and discourse.
* Resourcefulness and professional tact in dealing with conflict and high-pressure situations.
* People management and coaching proficiency.
* Leadership and influence in the absence of authority.