4 months ago
We are seeking a Maintenance Watch Engineer (MWE) to join our Technical Operations team in Brisbane.
About the role:
This role will see you Monitoring the fleet and advising Network Operations and the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO) of aircraft limitations and maintenance significant events.
Other typical duties will include:
* Coordinating the formulation and implementation of decisions to recover AOG aircraft as quickly and safely as possible
* Providing technical maintenance information to flight crew requests in flight via ACARS, SATCOM and HF radio
* Providing technical maintenance and aircraft systems trouble-shooting advice to MRO’s
* Researching and raising requests with OEM’s, approved persons and CASA for Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA), PUs or Special Flight Permits
* Maintaining oversight and status of open defects to ensure timely rectification
We are looking for a candidate who has effective communication skills with a minimum 10 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance in an operational and/ or Maintenance Watch role for aircraft that are the same, or of a similar type as the aircraft operated by the airline.
You must also:
* Hold, or have held, an aircraft engineer license in category B1, B2 or equivalent with type ratings and/ or credits on current Virgin Australia aircraft types or aircraft of similar complexity. B737ng and/or B737max highly regarded
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite and TRAX
* Have advanced Computer and Data Analysis skills including familiarity with FHDB, AHM and AIRMAN platforms
* Have a comprehensive knowledge of a Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation and the associated regulatory requirements
Apply now! Or for further information, please see the below position description.