4 months ago
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role
Virgin Australia Regional Airlines Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO) team is responsible for ensuring all VARA aircraft maintain regulatory compliance and high operational performance standard with safety at the forefront.
The Maintenance Watch Engineer plays an integral part of the team as the main point of contact for all issues where aircraft flight schedules may be affected due to technical reasons. The responsibilities will include ongoing oversight of engineering operations, defect monitoring and ensuring the availability of aircraft for flight schedule.
Additional duties in this role include but aren't limited to:
* Ensure all safety, quality and compliance issues are reported
* Provide troubleshooting advice and support to Line Maintenance
* Maintain oversight of short term defects and defects with operational restrictions providing technical advice and support to action these defects where possible
* Provide input and undertake projects to review and improve department processes and procedures
* Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out as planned
What you’ll need
* To become part of this diverse team based in Perth, you will hold or have held an Aircraft Engineer licence category B1, B2 or C; or an equivalent license coupled with extensive experience in aircraft maintenance in an operational and/ or Maintenance Watch role. Your strong communication skills, ambition for service delivery and ability to promote our safety culture will see you succeed in this role.
What you’ll get from us:
* Fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options
* Diverse career paths – the sky is the limit... set your own course
* Employee Assistance Program – we have 24-hour support for our team members and their families
* Global brand – tap into the diverse offerings of the Virgin group
If you are ready to join the Virgin Australia brand or looking for your next step in your career, don’t miss the opportunity and submit your application today!