4 months ago
Requisition ID: 14681
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Maintenance Test Technician to join our team in Coralville, IA (1010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Work closely with engineers to improve performance of equipment/processes and perform scheduled maintenance on electrical/mechanical equipment.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
* Performs scheduled maintenance on electrical/mechanical equipment used in the production process to maximize machine uptime.
* Troubleshoots and repairs this equipment as needed.
* Works with Engineers to improve performance of equipment/processes.
* Involved with facility related processes including HVAC, chilled water, compressed gases, and security/safety systems.
* Works within guidelines of facility safety system.
* Maintains records and completes necessary paperwork.
* Must furnish ownhand tools.
* Must be capable of lifting/handling heavy parts, material, or equipment.
* Must be capable of aquiring a fork lift license and maintain a valid drivers license.
* Sets priorities under general direction based on workload.
* Requires strong inter-personal skillset to support a multitude of customers.
* Must be capable of safely working on electrical systems up to 480V (Electrical Safe Work Practices, RC-ESH-P-308), instrumentation and control systems, and mechanical systems.
* HS Diploma or Equivalent
* US Citizen or Permanent Residency
* Must successfully pass the Electronic Skills Test
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* One week of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.