5 months ago
Job Category: Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Location: Tampa, Florida
Title: Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Facilities organization.
Day to Day:
Summary: Performs all of the duties of a Maintenance Technician including repairs, installs and replaces electrical equipment and appliances.
What you will do:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Reads and understands blue prints, schematics, and technical drawings.
* Conducts tests to locate mechanical/electrical system malfunction.
* Installs electrical components in accordance with electrical codes.
* Installs conduit and runs wires through conduit.
* Repairs electrical equipment.
* Tests wiring connections with test equipment like volt/ohmmeters and oscilloscopes.
* Lubricates and cleans parts.
* Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
* Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
* Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
* Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
* Repairs or replaces defective parts.
* Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
* Uses machine tools in installation, maintenance or repair.
* Starts devices to test their performance.
* Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
* Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
* Repairs electrical equipment.
* Utilizes braze-welding equipment as needed.
* Maintains repair records.
* Maintains a clean and orderly maintenance shop.
* Adheres to safety procedures
What you need to succeed:
SOFT SKILL: Self-disciplined, problem solver, take charge attitude, proactive root cause identification, troubleshoot with team/ problem solve, leadership stability, personality, team oriented, urgency, willing and eager to learn.
HARD SKILL: Hydraulics, pneumatics, intermediate electrical, power transmissions, mechanical ability, blueprint interpretation, troubleshoot, PLC, diagnostics, preventative maintenance, safety (LOTO), expense containment and foundry.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates need to be able to work on any shift including 3rd shift.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.