6 months ago
US - NV - Carson City
Under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician maintains productive machines through diagnosis and correction of mechanical; electrical; electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic problems; performs preventative maintenance; and maintains a safe work environment. The Maintenance Technician identifies and implements preventive maintenance programs for equipment and facilities, repairs, overhauls, maintains, installs and fabricates modifications to equipment and facilities as required, troubleshoots vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, induction heating, lubrication, abrasive and pressure cleaning systems and their components and maintains machine tools and equipment used for maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains buildings, facilities, and equipment requiring good knowledge of general trade fundamentals.
• Coordinates repairs with department supervisors to minimize production down time.
• Adjusts equipment to obtain optimum running condition.
• Disassembles equipment to determine extent of repair and approximate cost; determines best repair solution.
• Works from written and/or verbal instructions, wiring and circuit diagrams, installation and construction blueprints, electrical handbooks and charts, and established trade practices.
• Documents, records and maintains files of work performed on machinery.
• Minimum of 5 years as a Maintenance Mechanic or Technician in a manufacturing, automotive or construction environment.
• 2-4 years of experience conducting preventative maintenance and documenting PM procedures and results.
• Ability to make independent judgments and utilize analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Basic electrical maintenance and fabricating.
• Previous experience working with mills and lathes and grinders and welders.
• Organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to meet physical requirements and serve as a backup for the maintenance supervisor.
• The ability to speak, read and write English.
• Positive attitude and good attendance is essential.
• Ability to read a micrometer.
• Must have the ability to walk, bend, turn, and lift weights of up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Complies with corporate guidelines and legal requirements on business ethics.
MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.