Lufthansa Technik Shannon Limited (formerly Shannon Aerospace), established in September 1992 has developed to one of the worldwide leading providers of high quality airframe maintenance, on Boeing 737 Classic and NG, Boeing 757, Boeing 767 and Airbus A320 series aircraft. Lufthansa Technik Shannon is a 100% subsidiary of the Lufthansa Technik AG and part of the Global network of the Lufthansa aviation group. With excellent training capability, we offer significant opportunities for personal, career and skill development.
Job Type / Category
We are currently recruiting for Team Leaders for our Aircraft Maintenance Operations. We have opportunities across all areas of our operations including Mechanical, Avionics and Structures & Composites.
The Team Leader reports to the Lead Engineer and is a member of his / her Team. The Team Leader is responsible to work on the aircraft leading a team of assigned AMT’s and ensuring positive progress is being made on the aircraft in line with the project network plan.
- Leading through motivation and example of his / her assigned team to ensure a timely progression of work and the efficient allocation of tasks as delegated by the Lead Engineer and / or Manager.
- Assist the Lead Engineer to manage performance through the continuous appraisal of assigned AMT’s and supporting the Lead Engineer in preparing for annual reviews.
- Take an active role in the Development of Team members including the development of assigned Trainees.
- Support and advise the Lead Engineer of rostering requirements to ensure the aircraft milestones and targets can be achieved.
- Lead assigned AMT’s and ensure progress is made on the aircraft in line with the project network plan.
- Work with Lead Engineer and other Team Leaders to progress the layover in line with the project network plan and prioritise with other teams for his or her area.
- Take ownership of the Bill of Work and Log File and have an in depth knowledge of the status of all items on both.
- Ensure all Materials are ordered accurately, on time and in the correct quantities.
- Perform Certification of their own work and the work performed by their assigned team members in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed and up to date as work is being progressed.
- Lead trouble shooting and solve technical problems on the aircraft.
- Work with the Lead Engineer to ensure a controlled and professional handover of their area to customer for Final inspection.
- Provide technical assistance to others, including other specialisations.
- Assist AMT’s with blocks that prevent them from completing assigned tasks.
- Communicate to the Lead Engineer shortcomings with regard to the progress in their area and identify solutions to these shortcomings.
- Ensure all targets (man-hour, material, milestones etc) set for their workstation are achieved and / or beat in a timely manner.
- Ensure the standards laid out by the Project & Performance Management system are fully adhered to and use this to drive continuous improvement at their workstation.
- Ensure a high standard of Quality, House Keeping, Health & Safety and Tool Care is maintained IAW the IQ move for their workstation and report any shortfalls to Lead Engineer.
- Lead Cost Centre and Ancillary Projects as assigned by Lead Engineer.
- Deputise for the Lead Engineer and other Team Leaders when required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Have a high level of skill and knowledge in the area of aircraft maintenance.
- Completed a recognised aviation related apprenticeship or an approved aviation training programme.
- Must hold or have the ability to hold full B1/B2 including associated Engine Type
- Be customer focused.
- Have a sound knowledge of the key business issues related to aircraft maintenance.
- Be able to lead and motivate people, with good interpersonal skills
- A good team worker, able to identify and develop individual and team ability.
- Have effective planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Previous experience at Team Leader level would be an advantage
Full time, permanent contract with benefits including amble overtime, Health Insurance, Life Assurance & Pension.