4 months ago
Titanium Metals Corporation (“TIMET”) offers a full range of titanium products, including ingot and slab, forging billet and mill forms. TIMET, a Division of PCC, is vertically integrated, capable of making its own titanium sponge. PCC is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products that serves the aerospace, power and general industrial markets. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth. The boards of directors of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Precision Castparts Corp. unanimously approved an agreement for Berkshire Hathaway to acquire all outstanding PCC shares, and effective January 29, 2016, PCC became an independent subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all crafts that service the equipment in Melt Shop, Reclaim, Blending and Inspection departments, and will provide work crews with leadership, direction, and guidance to carry out planned Preventive (PM) and Predictive (PdM) Maintenance tasks as well as responding to work requests in a safe and timely manner. Will be responsible for scheduling and planning equipment repairs around production requirements; equipment malfunction diagnosis/troubleshooting; motivating and guiding a workforce while understanding and balancing needs and requirements of each employee; adherence to all company rules, regulations, and policies. Must be willing to work any shift and respond to the plant in an emergency (including nights and/or weekends) to achieve equipment availability for production needs.
* Ensure compliance with all Safety and Environmental Standards.
* Ensure compliance with Plant Quality Standards.
* Equipment PM/PdM’s and services.
* Non-routine repairs
* Planned and scheduled Maintenance Work Orders (MWO’s)
* Monitor and control maintenance labor costs (overtime, absenteeism, work crew sizing and productivity)
* Monitor and control maintenance material and supply costs (daily consumable’s, non-routine supplies, review “best buy / best quality” with planners and vendors.
* Assign each crew member a full shift of work and control the quality of work.
* Ensure quality repairs to equipment and systems.
* Utilizes available resources to aide other supervisors/areas if needed
OTHER: (Administrative, documentation, and training responsibilities)
* Ensure the timely completion of assigned work.
* Arrange crew vacations, timekeeping and disciplinary actions.
* Approve and coordinate overtime.
* Validate PM/PdM work and service worksheets.
* MWO entry and closure in the system.
* Maintain safety and training records.
* Order parts and supplies as necessary.
* Safety training, new equipment orientation, new tool applications, and selected craft skill training and education.
* Coach and encourage crew members.
* Understand the Collective Bargaining Agreement and enforce in a fair and consistent manner.
* Assist in development of yearly budgets.
* Ensure that payroll is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Provide direction, coaching, support and instruction to all reporting positions.
* Promote a work environment that motivates peers and subordinates.
* Support and enforce all company policies and procedures.
* Recognize opportunities for enhancements and implement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
The Maintenance Supervisor must have the following qualifications and skills:
* Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) skills.
* Good estimating, organizational, and prioritization skills.
* Good planning and project management skills.
* Advanced communication skills, both written and oral.
* Advanced interpersonal skills.
* Good logical problem solving and analytical skills.
* Computer skills in word processing and project management software.
* Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent, 2 or more years of college preferred; must have a mechanical and/or electrical work-related background. 5-plus years as a crafts person with 2-4 years of Lead-person experience or maintenance crew supervisory experience.
* Preferred: 2 - 4 years mechanical/electrical supervisory experience with an Associates or B.S. in electrical/mechanical field. Prefer background in heavy industry, chemical or mining maintenance management.