3 months ago
Wyman-Gordon, located in Princeton KY, provides Nickel-based Extruded Powder Alloy for Military and Commercial Turbine Applications. The Princeton KY facility offers Vacuum-Melt Atomizers; for the raw material needs of the Worcester MA forge Isothermal forge shop. This growing, profit center is part of a highly successful, multi-billion diversified manufacturer. Precision Castparts Corporation (PCC).
This position involves a wide variety of job conditions and off-hour responsibility for plant facilities, which are unique to the Maintenance function. The Supervisor of Maintenance directs the Maintenance departments to prepare and fulfill repair, construction, and preventive maintenance schedules which maximize the availability of production equipment and facilities throughout the plant and office areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maximize availability of tools and equipment in the plants through prompt and reliable maintenance.
* Initiate and control cost effective methods of operation for the Plant Maintenance Department.
* Insures a well-trained and properly motivated workforce and supervisory staff.
* Develops safe and well-maintained departmental areas.
* Initiates operating improvements through innovative maintenance techniques.
* Manages and controls the preventative maintenance program on the plant and equipment.
* Contributes to the Company current and long-range budgetary equipment rehabilitation programs consistent with Company objectives.
* Effectively interprets and administers the Company and bargaining unit document consistent with good management procedures.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or technical certification and/or equivalent work experience.
* Through technical and mechanical knowledge.
* Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of heavy industry mechanical systems including High Pressure Hydraulics.
* Minimum 4 years’ experience in Heavy Manufacturing/Industrial Capital Equipment
* Union shop experience preferred
* Experience in maintenance planning
* Basic electrical maintenance skills
* Basic computer skills: data management and analysis; word processing; spreadsheets, email and internet.
* Serve on an on-call basis (24/7), responding to issues and concerns.
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wyman Gordon is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contactfor assistance.