over 2 years ago
Primary responsibility is to analyze CONUS & OCONUS aircraft requirements and preplan all required inspections, overhauls, Engineering Orders, Fleet Campaign Directives, Airworthiness Directives and other maintenance functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan and schedule maintenance work packages based on the availability of man-power and equipment to ensure minimum aircraft down time and a balanced workload.
* Plan and originate requisitions for materials required for scheduled maintenance of the fleet not covered by the Stores routine provisioning program.
* Coordinate with Purchasing to ensure timely arrival and location of parts required to accomplish time limited maintenance.
* Make changes to the scheduled workload in response to deferred maintenance items and repair/correction of items which affect the airworthiness or operational availability of aircraft.
* Coordinate with Maintenance Control and the respective maintenance station on the accomplishment of deferred maintenance items.
* Plan maintenance workloads and prepare work packages for maintenance sites and assist in making decisions regarding requests for changes by setting priorities for planned maintenance.
* Review the work plan with the respective site managers/supervisors/leads, and maintain communications on the assigned planned maintenance.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or GED
Current FAA issued Mechanic certificate with both Airframe & Powerplant ratings
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 2 years experience in Maintenance Planning.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
* Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office and computerized maintenance tracking programs necessary to perform job functions.
Two (2) years experience in aircraft maintenance with formal and informal systems training and actual line experience with aircraft and engine systems; troubleshooting; dispatch requirements; tools; ground-support equipment; technical reports and forms; catalogs and work practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
: United States-Florida-Palm Bay
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran