Our client is a very successful short haul airline provider, based in Luton. They fly over 90 million passengers throughout Europe annually and are still growing! With this continued growth, they are now seeking a permanent Maintenance Operations Controller (MOC).
This is a very exciting time to join this highly successful company!
The candidate will control all line maintenance activity, rescues and defect rectification on this fleet of Airbus A320 family aircraft. This is a key role in ensuring safety management and continued airworthiness utilising technical expertise and industry expertise.
- Managing significant AOG events to ensure a prompt return to service across a large and expanding network.
- Maintain an accurate and objective daily log of maintenance events, and ensure continuity of information across shifts.
- Liaise closely with operations to ensure aircraft meet scheduled departures.
- Ensure the maintenance plan is carried out as required by all contracted maintenance providers.
- To ensure appropriate legislative and company procedures are adhered to in order to remain compliant.
- Recommendation of operational performance improvements
- Liaising with all other internal departments as well as the OEM’s , to provide continuous fleet and operational performance improvements
- To provide, as requested, on-site support at the line stations during AOG recovery.
- Assist our networks of engineering support interpret OEM and company documentation to aid troubleshooting or defect rectification.
- To be actively involved and participate in operational meetings.
- To develop and enhance processes and procedures to effectively contribute to improved aircraft availability.
Ideal candidate’s profile:
- Proven experience in a supervisory role within aviation engineering
- Must be an EASA Part 66 B1 or B2 licensed engineer with the ability to gain company type authorisations.
- Extensive A320 family experience essential
- Broad experience covering line and base maintenance
- Experience in a maintenance operations environment would be an advantage
- Knowledge of AMOS IT system would be beneficial
- Good understanding of maintenance schedules
- Ability to hold an airside pass
- Good knowledge of both Part 145 regulations and Airline Part M requirements with knowledge of CAA, EASA and FOCA.
- Able to communicate to a both suppliers and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High Level Numeracy skills. Excellent IT skills
- Team worker with demonstrable leadership skills
- High standard of organisational skills and time management
- Ability to provide new and innovative solutions to technical and operational issues.
- Job type: Permanent, full-time, day and night shifts over a 28 day rota
- Attractive salary plus shift allowance and annual bonus
- Additional airline benefits
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.