2 months ago
United States of America
HIA02: Engine Comp (TFT) - WDM 4th St 811 Fourth Street, West Des Moines, IA, 50265 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Performs a variety of work to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of our facilities in repair. Duties may involve machine repair, carpentry, painting, welding, plumbing, electrical, and sheet metal work.
* Keeps machinery and equipment in a state of good repair.
* Examines machinery and equipment for defects in operation. Dismantles, repairs or replaces defective parts
* Works from sketches or blueprints when building, repairing or installing machinery or equipment.
* Move, set, level and align machinery and equipment using precision instruments
* Operates lathes, mills, drill presses, grinders, and welders when building or repairing equipment.
* Performs a wide variety of carpentry work using carpenter tools. Make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work and selects necessary materials.
* Paints walls, equipment, and other structural surfaces using brushes, rollers, spray cans and guns.
* Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards set by EHS, Quality, and CI functions as set by your leader and position.
* Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement process as well as safety related activities.
* Over 40 hours per week as scheduled to meet business needs.
* All other duties as assigned including working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business.
* Willingness to work nonstandard hours
* Some Holiday hours may be required based on business need
* Working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business
* 2 years performing related work in a manufacturing environment
* Equipment Maintenance
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Technical Degree in Mechanical Repair or similar strongly preferred
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.