5 months ago
The Maintenance Electrician (hereafter referred to as ‘Electrician’) reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The Electrician is responsible for repairing and maintaining electrical production and support equipment. The Electrician must possess thorough knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Able to operate under flexible parameters.
We seek a highly motivated, flexible and dependable industrial Electrician for our 1st shift who has at least 3 to 5 years of related experience in an industrial manufacturing environment in an Electrician or Electronics Tech role; Experienced in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues, preferably in an industrial forging or casting facility; Capable of making industrial equipment adjustments, repair, troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment; skilled in electrical (including 480V) as well as mechanical with strong troubleshooting abilities and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Strictly adheres to all environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) standards as defined by the company and local,
state, and federal regulators. Takes responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices. Wears required PPE.
• Utilizes knowledge of a wide range of skilled trades to perform maintenance and repair on facilities, machines and equipment. May be required to handle hazardous waste, and to pass hazardous materials training.
• Utilizes knowledge of high vacuum systems, pumps and blowers, including the theory of vacuum induction melting furnaces.
• Installs, programs, troubleshoots, and maintains control panels, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), motors, motor controllers, transformers, wiring, switches, alarm systems and other equipment.
• Maintains, installs, repairs, and adjusts electrical systems and equipment that provide power to production equipment and facilities.
• Plans and designs instrumentation/electrical projects and provide assistance on technical issues.
• Provides technical assistance on the selection of new equipment.
• Exercises a high degree of care in the handling of castparts to avoid damage.
• Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Must have the ability to lead and guide new employees and direct work flow thru the maintenance department. Troubleshoot, repair & maintain machinery & equipment.
• Required to have electrical knowledge to complete machinery and equipment repairs; able to read complicated drawings, ladder logic, and simple sketches
• Must maintain the ability to be on call 24 hrs. for emergency repairs.
• English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak English
• Safely and effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 35 lbs.; Asks for help with objects that weigh more; Uses proper safe lifting procedures.
• Executes all work in safe and professional manner by completing all work accurately and on time.
• Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and building equipment.
• Connects power supply wires to machines and building equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, motor starters, MCC panels/circuits, variable frequency drives and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables. Must be able to install & repair electrical apparatus & wiring circuits which consist of three-phase 220V & 480V.
• Responsible of all 3 phase 480/277 VAC, 3 Phase 120/208 VAC, and 120/240 VAC equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining all electrical distribution systems within the buildings; Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices; Replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
• Will be responsible for maintaining building lighting, emergency lights/exit lights, 120 volt outlets. Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings; Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all electrical utilities and equipment.
• Attends classes/seminars on electrical components, distribution, and system design to update skills.
• Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities.
• Maintains a safe, clean and organize shop area. Maintain inventory of spare parts and material. Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work. Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
• Repairs and maintains machinery in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments such as motors, pumps, belts, fans, air conditioners
• Conducts Preventative Maintenance schedules. Diagnoses machines and repairs or replaces broken parts. Inspects completed repairs. Requisitions new/replacement parts and equipment in a timely manner. May be required to handle hazardous waste. Must be available for on-call duty on a rotating basis. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot:
o Electrical systems
• Forklift operation
• Requires the ability to read, write, and accurately follow verbal and written instructions.
• High school diploma. At least some college courses preferred.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical theory, safety and shop practices as well as federal, state, municipal and underwriters’ specifications, codes, and ordinances.
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
• Must possess/maintain a valid CA Driver’s License (drives company vehicle, forklift on occasion)
• Minimum of 5 years of active electrical trouble shooting in an industrial manufacturing environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations in this manufacturing environment may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in an industrial manufacturing production environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Sit for long periods of time; use computers to enter data and interpret data; compose written documents and correspondence that is of college level composition, format, spelling and grammar; perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement; fine finger and manual dexterity; feel the attributes of objects, grasp, push, and reach with arms or hands; ascend/descend stairs
• Regularly required to: talk and interact in a civil and professional manner with colleagues, direct reports, vendors and customers; to occasionally conduct group presentations and tours;
• Frequent walking on uneven surfaces inside/outside;
• Math proficiency with and without calculators; intermediate to advanced computer skills such as Excel worksheets, pivot tables, and V-look-ups;
• Able to frequently lift/move objects 10 lbs. or more; occasionally lift or move objects of 25-50 lbs. or more
• Some work required near moving mechanical parts, loud noise, extreme heat, exposure to weather and allergens and detritus from general manufacturing and construction.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.