Job Title: Maintenance Coordinator
An exciting opportunity to become part of a unique company based in Southend On Sea is now available for an experienced Maintenance Coordinator. With more than 6000 employees they are experts in the defence, aerospace and security sectors.
You will join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary engineers delivering critical test & evaluation of defence munitions. As part of this team you will provide the overall control of maintenance and calibration for test facilities at the Environmental Test Centre.
As a Maintenance Coordinator, your primary responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that planned maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner, liaising with Engineering Leads/ Group Property/Scheduler to minimise disruption to trials activities
- Raise purchase requisitions for contracted out maintenance activities, controlling maintenance spend budgets
- Provide task management of the technical team to ensure maintenance and calibration of the Enviromental test centre's equipment is within date through issue and control of SMIS work orders
- Assure the facility manager that all statutory checks for the buildings and test equipment have been completed, and recommendations acted upon
- Manage the reactive maintenance tasks for enviromental testing, liaising with Group Property to ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring all contractors receive a Disclosure of Risk from Explosives Statement (DRES) and have Risk Assessed Method Statements for the work they are undertaking
- Responsible for controlling non-enviromental test centre personnel carrying out work in the Explosive Area (excluding customers), i.e. Group Property and external contractors, by monitoring and issuing Explosive Area Permits to Work and Hot Work Permits - providing site inductions and safety briefs
- Responsible for ensuring that all COSHH inventories at the enviromental test are controlled (stored safely, risk assessed and stock quantities maintained)
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle pre-use check-list are completed and planned/reactive maintenance is undertaken through liaison with the site Transport department
What's in it for you:
- Great basic salary
- Flexible benefits including: Childcare Vouchers, Option to purchase up to 5 extra Annual Leave days, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance, Health Screening, Dental Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Gourmet Society
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Employee Savings on top high street brands
What they are looking for:
- Experience of working with equipment databases (ideally SAP) and controlling
- progress on tasks
- Experience of encouraging collaboration between team members and activities
- Good GCSE grades
- Ability to build positive relationships to rapidly progress tasks (results focused) and seek out more efficient ways of working
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels, both internal and external including contractors, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of IT, especially maintenance control systems, ideally SAP
- Must have driver's license and own car
- Subject to UK British Security Clearances
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise andcommitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.