5 months ago
Level : Experienced
Job Location : Contour Maintenance- MQY - Smyrna, TN
Position Type : Full Time
Education Level : Undisclosed
Salary Range : Undisclosed
Travel Percentage : Undisclosed
Job Shift : Undisclosed
Job Category : Undisclosed
Contour Aviation is a long established aviation services company with diverse capabilities including scheduled airline operations, Part 91/135 aircraft management, on- demand charter, an aircraft sales division, three Fixed-Base Operations, a FAR Part 145/EASA certified aircraft maintenance facility providing airframe maintenance, avionics installations/repairs, and component overhaul services, and a FAR 141 pilot and maintenance training operation. Our fleet of approximately 30 aircraft operate almost 20,000 flight segments annually and the company is now ranked as one of the ten largest Part 135 operators in the country.
At Contour, our core values are at the heart of everything that we do and every decision we make. Constant throughout all of our lines of business is a commitment to integrity and safety. Our team members consistently display an attitude of excellence and the ability to think like a customer. We recognize that there is strength in unity and work together as a team to accomplish our ambitious goals.
Contour's rapid growth has created exciting employment opportunities. We invite you to become part of the family.
Summary of Essential Duties:
* The Maintenance Controller is responsible to the Director of Maintenance for managing mechanical irregularities and planning for the accomplishment of all scheduled maintenance activities. Maintenance Control (MXC) will work with Maintenance, Planning, and Flight Operations to coordinate the workload for maintenance operations based upon fleet requirements.
* This position is a member of a team that arranges and manages for the timely and efficient delivery of aircraft maintenance support to aircraft operations as required, on a 24 / 7 basis. The position shall ensure that all services performed meet the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations prior to return to service and provide maximum airworthy aircraft availability.
Job Performance Activities:
* Provide clear information affecting maintenance status, action plans, return to service estimates, and other technical information as required to CFM Flight Operations, Management and Maintenance Department personnel
* Communicate directly with flight crewmembers when operational discrepancies are discovered, and obtain all necessary information needed by technicians to perform prompt and effective repairs.
* Utilize maintenance tracking computer systems and accomplish the planning, scheduling, and logistics to complete all scheduled maintenance activities within the requirements of the aircraft inspection programs.
* Update Computerized Maintenance Tracking Program with verified compliance information using audited return to service documentation
* Update Flight Operations Software (FOS) in real time, indicating aircraft fleet maintenance status
* Responsible to ensure that mechanical delays are handled in a safe and expeditious manner and in accordance with the General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
* Maintenance Controller will coordinate with Flight Operations, Maintenance and Purchasing, as required, to expedite aircraft return to service
* Control and tracking of all Deferred Maintenance Items
* Ensure all parts not in stock which are needed to clear DMI’s are ordered per procedures
* Authorize Deferred Maintenance Items (DMI), (MEL, CDL, and MCI)
* Ensure all deferrals are accomplished in accordance with company manuals and FARs.
* Responsible for completing and distributing all applicable forms and documents in accordance with procedures set forth in company General Maintenance Manual
* Provide tracking of parts and equipment while they are in transit to an A.O.G. aircraft
* Provides point of contact and control for maintenance performed on company aircraft away from main maintenance base by company personnel or contract maintenance
* Performs MX Planning in issuance and tracking of scheduled maintenance workload
* Obtain required approvals and completion of Ferry Flight Authorization Forms
* Coordinates scheduled and unscheduled maintenance performed on company aircraft
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance
Key Performance Indicators:
* All incoming telephone calls answered in person without using voicemail during coverage hours.
* Scheduled aircraft maintenance requirements complied with without exceeding due limitations
* Unscheduled aircraft maintenance requirements corrected as soon as practical following discovery. Repair efforts continue until resolution achieved.
* Zero compliance issues with FARs related to aircraft airworthiness during operation
* Director of Maintenance; Manager of Maintenance; Crew Chief; Maintenance Supervisor; 135 Line Maintenance Team; Dispatch; Flight Crewmembers; Records Personnel; Service Manager / Owner Services; Contract Maintenance Providers / Vendors; Parts Personnel; OEM Technical Support;
* Must have a valid Airframe and Powerplant certificate
* Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
* Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
* High School graduate or equivalent; College Preferred
* A & P license required
* Completion of formal aircraft maintenance training for large turbine powered airplanes
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
* Effective Communication skills, both verbal and written
* Must be computer literate and functional with MS Office, CAMP, FOS, Quantum, and similar applications
* Excellent working knowledge of aircraft systems, components, and methods
* Understands OEM technical data manuals, and how to quickly obtain needed information and procedures
* Minimum 5 years of experience as an aircraft mechanic and/or inspector for large, multi-engine jet aircraft
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high stressed environment and have the ability to make sound decisions rapidly.
* Multi-tasking is required as there are often multiple projects with varying levels of priority
* Due to extremely high levels of information exchanged, must organize, document and manage data and communications effectively
* A strong sense of urgency in the performance of duties is a required trait.
* An ability to remain clearly focused on the desired outcome is essential
* An attitude of total ownership toward department outcomes is needed
* A keen awareness and effective utilization of all options and resources for each situation
* Must be open to new ideas and alternatives and receive all input in a positive way