5 months ago
Provide day to day maintenance operational oversight for a FAR Part 121 regional airline. Provide technical assistance to mechanics, flight crews and dispatchers, for any and all maintenance discrepancies associated with aircraft repairs and servicing. Act as the main point of communication for the Maintenance Department to the following departments: Flight Operations, Dispatch, Technical Engineering and Logistics/Purchasing on all aircraft maintenance related issues. Coordinate with aircraft maintenance contract companies to insure safe and efficient operations. Coordinate corporate resources to return airworthy aircraft to the published schedule.
US Citizen or have the legal right to accept employment in the United States
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
Possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
Have a minimum of 5 years background in aircraft/engines maintenance
Must have FAR Part 121 regional or mainline aircraft experience
Associate’s Degree or higher
Prior experience working in a Maintenance Control Department
Prior maintenance experience with the Embraer E170/190 series aircraft
Working knowledge of computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems and Microsoft Office programs
Prior supervisory/leadership experience
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
Experience should consist of:
1. Formal and informal aircraft systems training
2. Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
4. Dispatch requirements
5. Use of specialized tools
6. Ground support equipment
7. Technical reports and forms
8. Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Parts Catalogs
9. Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills. Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems, both aircraft and personnel, with little guidance.
Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the daily maintenance operation in a professional manner.
Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments.
Monitoring of the day-to-day operation and handling of aircraft maintenance activities/irregularities in a safe expeditious manner.
* Make decisions concerning the course of action required to ensure safe, airworthy aircraft in accordance with regulatory requirements.
* Coordinate the movement and tracking of resources (e.g. parts, tools, manpower and technical data) needed for repair of discrepant aircraft.
* Coordinate with Maintenance Planners and System Operation Control (SOC) to ensure optimum fleet utilization while preserving scheduled maintenance requirements.
* Provide updates to Maintenance Planning regarding aircraft status, parts, and/or manpower requirements so Deferred Maintenance Items (DMI’s) can be scheduled for correction.
* Implement any changes to the scheduled workload because of non-availability of aircraft, such as Carry Forward, and removal of scheduled Work Orders (WO’s) from work packs based on time remaining and Priority.
* Support the Maintenance Department with hands-on aircraft troubleshooting and repairs at a variety of locations on an infrequent/ special needs basis.
* Perform other specific duties as assigned by the Maintenance Control Supervisor and as described throughout the General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more.
Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be sitting. Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop occasionally in confined spaces.
Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to maintain aircraft in an outdoors or hangar location on occasion. Some travel, less than 10% may be required.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.