2 months ago
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an experienced Mail Services Specialist to support our business in Chantilly, VA.
The position will be part of a team that is responsible for processing all incoming/outgoing mail/packages for a customer facility in excess of 4,000 people.
• Receives, sorts, files and delivers U.S., express, inter- and intra-company mail including certified, registered, and classified mail.
• Prepares, posts and sorts, by destination code, outgoing mail ensuring compliance with all postal and export regulations.
• Prepares documents for shipment of classified mail.
• With general supervision, delivers stationery and supplies, maintains bulletin boards, process incoming checks.
• With general supervision, interfaces with internal customers to resolve simple and specific requests.
• Notifies supervisor or more experienced Mail Service specialist if suspicious package is observed.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Must be highly organized and able to pay close attention to detail
- Customer Service experience
- Capable of lifting up to 35lbs on a frequent basis
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience working in a mailroom
- Experience with transportation and logistics services
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award