5 months ago
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2018, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 62 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
1. Makes simple set ups and performs repetitive computer numerical controlled machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts, where the materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre-planned and established. Makes minor machine adjustments and reports improper functioning or cutting action for correction.
2. Performs operations such as tapping, spot-facing, chamfering, countersinking, partmarking and counterboring to close tolerances.
3. Aligns and fastens parts using standard fixtures and established methods.
4. Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
5. Removes burrs, sharp edges, tool marks, or other irregularities from machined parts.
6. Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments, gages, and comparators. Uses various types of magnification equipment to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas. Visually inspects parts for burrs and damaged machined surfaces.
7. Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
8. Accurately and regularly performs all statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
9. Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
10. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
11. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
1. 0 - 1 year general or related machining experience or demonstrated ability to perform described responsibilities.
2. Able to read and follow blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions.
3. Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
4. Effectively applies lean initiatives.
5. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
6. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e-mail).
7. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for this position.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)